are klipsch's s4 the best deal in the sub, but almost $50 headphone market?
Jan 18, 2011 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jaqueh

500+ Head-Fier
I recently lost my cx500s (again); in fact, this is the fourth pair of earphones that i have lost in under 6 months. I got the nuforce ne6 as a replacement, but I am just not too thrilled by them. I find the detail and instrument seperation to be completely lacking as i do mainly listen to metal, and once a song starts getting heavy (or fast), all the details just get lost in the onslaught of sound. I did not find this problem with the sennheisers. However, i really do enjoy the rolled off highs. 

Are the klipsch S4s the best headphones that i can buy in the United States for metal at the sub $50 price range? 

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 8
amazon.com used tho

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 8
And a friendly suggestion that you buy some kind of carry case for your player and earphones so you won't have to buy new earphones every 6 weeks -- unless you have lots of $$ to burn.

+1 for Meelec earphones -- good products, great customer service if you need it -- the S4 is OK, but it can be overwhelming with heavy bass and pretty strident highs.

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
And a friendly suggestion that you buy some kind of carry case for your player and earphones so you won't have to buy new earphones every 6 weeks -- unless you have lots of $$ to burn.

+1 for Meelec earphones -- good products, great customer service if you need it -- the S4 is OK, but it can be overwhelming with heavy bass and pretty strident highs.

I bought the m6, but didn't like them. I honestly don't care about emphasized bass or treble anymore; I'm just looking for clarity and soundstage. Do the s4's sound muddled during a fast song as much as the nuforces? 

what about the altec lansing headphones or the brainwavz m1?

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I bought the m6, but didn't like them. I honestly don't care about emphasized bass or treble anymore

But that's exactly what the S4 delivers - it's like a clearer, more detailed, and more refined M6 with a much larger price tag and smaller soundstage. I think you'd be happier with the Fischer Silver Bullet or ECCI PR401.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back