Are introductions appropriate?
Mar 22, 2006 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

spineynorman

Head-Fier
If so, allow myself to introduce...myself:
biggrin.gif

I'm a 44 y/o husband, father and grandfather from Grand Rapids, MI. I have been reading and learning from you folks for the past year or so...ever since my son, a fellow member, pointed me in this insideous direction!

I grew up listening to music, as my dad and I used to build loudspeakers and then put them to the test. My dad is a smart guy who had patents on several loudspeaker designs. I had strayed from listening intently, as life's priorities had changed. Lately, however, my oldest son has re-introduced me to high quality listening, and he is responsible for introducing me to high end headphone listening.

Glad to be here finally....I'll try to behave!
evil_smiley.gif

Joe

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 22
hey hey hey, nice to have ya here pops!!
icon10.gif

This'll be way too much fun....
orphsmile.gif

spineynorman...nice one centurion! like it, like it.

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #7 of 22
This forum needs more Monty Python cognoscenti! So what'll it be first: amp or canal phones or TUBES?
k1000smile.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #8 of 22
Welcome and Sorry about your wallet!!

Audio runs deep in my family blood lines too. My grandfather worked in a TV repair shop in the late 60s and bought me my first tape recorder, radio, walkie talkies, HEADPHONES and guitar. In his will he left me 2 cases full of NOS tubes from his repair shop... probably nothing special or useable. Theyre just sentimental more than anything else. One of these days I'll post pics.
biggrin.gif

Anyways!!... have fun and enjoy your stay.

Garrett

Mar 22, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #10 of 22
daycart1,

Shouldn't your tagline read " I drink, therefore I am?" (Philosophers Song")

Thanks all for the warm, wallet-emptying welcome! I have resisted upgrades thus far, even with gordolindsay in my prescence! I have a feeling that will change.....
basshead.gif

Joe

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by spineynorman
biggrin.gif

I'm a 44 y/o husband, father and grandfather from Grand Rapids, MI. I have been reading and learning from you folks for the past year or so...ever since my son, a fellow member, pointed me in this insideous direction!
Joe

how could you be a grandfather when you're only 44? You musth have had children when you were like 20...My dad is like 50 and I'm only 15...

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
how could you be a grandfather when you're only 44? You musth have had children when you were like 20...My dad is like 50 and I'm only 15...

That's not that rare, even in the first world.
I was called grandpa when I was 39.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Even you could be a father in nine months from now.Actually it's quite easy.

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by spineynorman
biggrin.gif

I grew up listening to music, as my dad and I used to build loudspeakers and then put them to the test. My dad is a smart guy who had patents on several loudspeaker designs. I had strayed from listening intently, as life's priorities had changed. Lately, however, my oldest son has re-introduced me to high quality listening, and he is responsible for introducing me to high end headphone listening.

Glad to be here finally....I'll try to behave!
evil_smiley.gif

Joe

Hey! I sense some sort of subterfuge!

- Isn't Spiney Norman the hedgehog nemesis of the Piranha Brothers? I don't feel comfortable about the presence on these forums of a forest animal with connections to the criminal underworld!

wink.gif
-Welcome

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #15 of 22
[size=medium]Dinsdale? Dinsdale? Dinsdale?[/size]

hedgehog.jpg

Great handle. Any and all members named after Python characters, especially obscure ones, are more that welcome in my book.

Cheers, and I will add to the chorus of "sorry about your wallets" because the end of lurking is a sure sign of the beginning of spending.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back