Are in-ear headphones as good as over ear closed headphones?
Feb 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TOOMUCHMONEY

New Head-Fier
Ok. I'm in uncharted territory when I talk about in-ear headphones. I have noooo Idea if in-ear headphones are good or not. The only ones I have are the bose in ear 2. What I love.... Is simply bass. And lots of it. I just feel that in-ear headphones dont suppy enough bass due to their small size. Please correct me if I'm wrong. What are some good in-ear headphones that are better than the ATH-M50s? No need to be harsh, like I said this is uncharted territory.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 5
JH Audio, 1964 v3 or v6, Sony ex1000, mdr-7550, Heir Audio, and other in ears (sponsors, maybe dunu). 

Better would be subjective though unless it were outright sound stage, clarity, etc. Otherwise, higher end phones cater to different tastes. But yes, CIEMs/IEMs can be better than closed phones. They also tend to be more intimate if I'm correct.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Yes, high end IEMs can be better than portable headphones, acutally, top end portables such as the edition 8 and t5p, are not that much better than high end IEMs in the similar price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back