Are hifiman anandas any good for a bass head?
May 24, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #16 of 20
What about the Meze 99 Classics? Another high-end headphone that has detailed bass is the Amiron Home and it's open back too.
But if looks are important, Amiron might not suit you.

May 24, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 20
What about the Meze 99 Classics? Another high-end headphone that has detailed bass is the Amiron Home and it's open back too.
But if looks are important, Amiron might not suit you.
Mezes are on the radar but im worried i wont like em so im going for more of the sure choices

May 24, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #18 of 20
May 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #19 of 20
I for one would still take the Cascades, but I might be a bit biased towards them, since i like warmer/darker headphones and deal with the repair. Something to consider is whether they are willing to fix second hand headphones in warranty.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #20 of 20
What would you recommend then? Pay more for the anandas? Or pay less for the cascades, but have to deal with repairing them? (or not, i dont really care about the fault)

If you want a great all around headphone that works well with orchestral, jazz, rock, pop then go for the Ananda's...they are great headphones. If you want something that is going to be fun with electronic, pop, rock etc. go for the Cascades. If you want portable, Cascades. If you want great soundstage Ananda. The Cascades are very bass forward, some, including myself would say too much with stock pads. Anandas will provide you with subbass that you didnt know existed on certain tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back