Are Akg K141 mk 2 good for keeping noise out/in
Oct 6, 2009 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

readbmr

New Head-Fier
Hi can anybody tell me if the Akg k141 mk 2 headphones are a good buy for keeping noise in/out ? and also is the bass very good on these ? will be using with cowon d2..any other recommendations would be appreciated..Around this price or even cheaper !!!

Thankyou

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm due delivery of a pair of these tomorrow, so may be able to tell you in a couple of days. They are semi open so I expect they'll leak some sound. I'm only likely to use mine at home though so it's not a problem if they do.

Not sure on the bass - posed a similar question myself recently as couldn't find any other posts on this model but strangely for this board didn't get much feedback. I only listen to dance music (of a broad spectrum!) so am hoping for a good bass response!

Anyways, I decided to take the plunge with them anyway - although not a scratch price wise on some models discussed on Head-Fi, they are the most expensive pair of phone I'll have ever owned!

I looked at loads - started with a budget of around £35, then jumped to £60 then ended up with these at £75 delivered. They come with 2 sets of pads & 2 cables so I thought this would make the purchase worth while long term.

Will get back to you as soon as I can in the hope I can answer your questions.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Just reporting back now I've had some use out of these headphones:

To clear up the sound leakage situation - yes there is a reasonable amount - so I'd say for your purposes using them out in "public", spend the extra £10GBP & go for the K 171 Mk II's as they're closed back.

I'm very pleased with the 141's! I changed the vinyl pads for the velvet ones as they are much more comfortable from the off, though I'm sure the vinyl pads would soften up with use.

I'm by no means an audiophile, so can't give a review of any significance. They are the most expensive pair of headphones I've ever owned & even just based on that, so far I feel every penny of that has been well spent! They are extremely confortable to wear, especially over long periods.

Bass, mids & highs are all great - but then I've nothing of this standard/price bracket to compare them against.

A happy owner so far
k701smile.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Our entire studio is filled with the original AKG141. They don't leak sound that is audible enough to be detected by someone seated nearby even at full volume. But they don't block or isolate from exterior noise because of their semi-open design. They do sound fantastic, leaning on the warm side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back