Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #166 of 903
Beautiful Signum just arrived for my Stellia’s. Great work and customer service as usual from Arctic.
F4C07BE9-2711-499A-AA3A-2039832EC23B.jpeg

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #167 of 903
Second time I order an Artic Câble (Signum+ again), this time for my new Kennerton Thekk (plus a 4.4 to 6.35 adapter).
Again, I can enjoy a super supple cable with a full and refined sound, that also looks very good.
The contact with Roy was also a pleasure like previously.
I fully subscribe to all the positive we can read about Arctic Cable on this thread :)

g5ki.jpg

z9uq.jpg

7fnw.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #168 of 903
Ordered my Signum+ for a pair of Stellia’s... can’t wait to use them when they arrive

Aug 29, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #169 of 903
I have a Core series cable for my HD 6XX that I really like for its low microphonics. I want to get another Arctic cable for another headphone and I'm interested in the Cuprum or Signum series. For those who've own either of those and a Core series, how do the microphonics compare?

Thanks.

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #171 of 903
Aug 30, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #172 of 903
The palladium cable you see with the square braid is mine :wink:
I got them a few days back, it was a very long shipping to Europe because of Corona. But now it’s finally here and I am braking it in and will also post a small review/impression and comparison to the Signum+ hopefully very soon :)
Being interested in this cable. Looking forward to your review. :smile:

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #174 of 903
Being interested in this cable. Looking forward to your review. :smile:
@sqz0914 can i grab some v280 and niimbus us4 comparisons. I’m contemplating making the move to the niimbus. Just received the v280 but now have the susvara in sights

edit: i just noticed what thread i’m in. Feel free to leave any comments in any relevant thread. I think i am subscribed to all relevant threads.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #175 of 903
My first purchase from Arctic, an Ion series for ZMF Aeolus, should be delivered tomorrow. It shipped only about eight days after I placed my order, which was significantly quicker than I expected. The odd thing though is that this information came from PayPal (although I used a card and not my PayPal account, the Arctic web site requires you to go through PayPal); they sent me an email stating that Arctic provided more details on my order--it had shipped and included a tracking number. I've never received a shipping confirmation directly from Arctic (I did receive an order confirmation from them). Is this usual? I was also surprised to see that the order shipped from FL although the web site states that orders ship from MA. No complaints here, just curious.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #176 of 903
My first purchase from Arctic, an Ion series for ZMF Aeolus, should be delivered tomorrow. It shipped only about eight days after I placed my order, which was significantly quicker than I expected. The odd thing though is that this information came from PayPal (although I used a card and not my PayPal account, the Arctic web site requires you to go through PayPal); they sent me an email stating that Arctic provided more details on my order--it had shipped and included a tracking number. I've never received a shipping confirmation directly from Arctic (I did receive an order confirmation from them). Is this usual? I was also surprised to see that the order shipped from FL although the web site states that orders ship from MA. No complaints here, just curious.
I always got this information about shipping through PayPal and wondered too but the parcel always found the way to my home so everything should be alright 😎

Aug 30, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #177 of 903
I've just pulled the trigger on a palladium cable. Will probably be a while before it gets here, and thereafter some cable breaking in before comparisons with their 7n silver wire (signum+). The pictures on their website with the square braid looked just so damn good. I hope it sounds even better.

As usual, Roy has been a pleasure to deal with, and I really don't know how he (and Val) manage to reply so promptly and patiently to questions.
I have been using the Palladium Series (square braid, two meters) with Audeze LDC-X and Rosson Audio Design RAD-0. Immediacy, transparency, and neutrality are the PS hallmarks, to my ears. As I posted a bit ago, the headphones sound as though connected directly to the h/p output stage. Enjoy!

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #178 of 903
@sqz0914 can i grab some v280 and niimbus us4 comparisons. I’m contemplating making the move to the niimbus. Just received the v280 but now have the susvara in sights

edit: i just noticed what thread i’m in. Feel free to leave any comments in any relevant thread. I think i am subscribed to all relevant threads.
The most noticeable change for the transition from V280 to Niimbus US4 is that Niimbus has a much bigger soundstage and more bass presentation. The imaging of Niimbus becomes smaller but more precise and refined. The vocals stay a little bit behind than V280 and blend into the background. The overall sound is cleaner and transparent and is more balanced and neutral. However, for V280, I just feel its sound has a little bit sweetness, or maybe warmer (?), and this characteristic disappears on Niimbus. Moreover, Niimbus is more sensitive to any change in front of it, including the interconnects, USB cables and power cords. Are these improvements all good? I doubt. For pop music, the less emphasis on vocals and loss of sweetness might lose some musicality. However, if you listen to classic music mainly, such an upgrade is excellent. For headphones, I think Niimbus trys to pull out as much potential of the headphones as it can, but do not change its original sound features. If you want an amplifier to fix some of the obvious disadvantages of the headphone, Niimbus is not a good option.
For susvara, sorry I do not have an opportunity to listen to that beast. But from some of the reviews of the Chinese forums, they say it is more suitable to tube amplifiers. Some of them try to make adjustments to power amplifiers and let them drive susvara.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #179 of 903
This is an Arctic Cables thread, not an amplifier comparison thread...

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #180 of 903
The most noticeable change for the transition from V280 to Niimbus US4 is that Niimbus has a much bigger soundstage and more bass presentation. The imaging of Niimbus becomes smaller but more precise and refined. The vocals stay a little bit behind than V280 and blend into the background. The overall sound is cleaner and transparent and is more balanced and neutral. However, for V280, I just feel its sound has a little bit sweetness, or maybe warmer (?), and this characteristic disappears on Niimbus. Moreover, Niimbus is more sensitive to any change in front of it, including the interconnects, USB cables and power cords. Are these improvements all good? I doubt. For pop music, the less emphasis on vocals and loss of sweetness might lose some musicality. However, if you listen to classic music mainly, such an upgrade is excellent. For headphones, I think Niimbus trys to pull out as much potential of the headphones as it can, but do not change its original sound features. If you want an amplifier to fix some of the obvious disadvantages of the headphone, Niimbus is not a good option.
For susvara, sorry I do not have an opportunity to listen to that beast. But from some of the reviews of the Chinese forums, they say it is more suitable to tube amplifiers. Some of them try to make adjustments to power amplifiers and let them drive susvara.

thanks for that
This is an Arctic Cables thread, not an amplifier comparison thread...
My fault. I started it as i realised that after i posted my question.

ps I’m still waiting for my signum + to arrive. Will get back later re impressions with utopia, hekse and empyreans And general view

Users who are viewing this thread

Back