Archos 7 sound quality and WMA Lossless support?
Dec 31, 2008 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

swanlee

500+ Head-Fier
I may be retiring my zune30 after today's zune30 disaster, for those that don't know every zune30 died today across the globe.

to replace it my best option is a 320GB Archos 7.

I have read a lot of conflicting thing on sound quality and even a spec sheet that said the Archos has a 69 s\n ratio which is horrible.

So first does the Archos 7 support WMA lossless and how does it sound compared to the older zune30?

This player will be mainly an audio player for my 100GB worth of cd's ripped in WMA Lossless so sound quality is the most important quality next is storage capacity. I could easily fill up 320 GB with WMA lossless as well. I don't want to convert my files or do anything lossy.

If the Archos does not sound goo anyone know of another high capacity audio player that sound good and support WMA Lossless?

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 4
As far as I know the 705 only support normal WMa and DRMed WMA, no WMA Lossless.

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by E.B.M.Head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I know the 705 only support normal WMa and DRMed WMA, no WMA Lossless.

Guess I can count that one out, anyone know of another high capacity DAP that plays WMA Lossless and has good sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back