aptX to PC via WH-1000xm2.
Dec 1, 2017 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jlw

Head-Fier
Got Sonys WH-1000xm2. Using it mainly with my Elitebook 360 g2, a PC. :) It dont have support for aptX or aptX-HD. Will I get aptX if I get a Bluetooth Dongle that supports aptx or aptX (<-does that even exist?).

Will I hear any different when using aptX? :)

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 5
I have a Sony Xperia Z tablet that just recently got an android system update that also included aptx.

I use Sony MDR-1RBT Bluetooth headphones.

The first thing I noticed after the update was the lack of latency for speakers( persons ) on videos. Great for movies or music videos. Next I really thought the music quality of the music had improved with more clarity that I had to let a visitor have a listen.

Also, confirmed that aptx was being invoked because of the number and interval of blue flashes on the headphones.

A few months ago I got dongle with aptx for my TV for use with my headphones and no latency problems.

Also available are devices with aptx and aptx(L) which very low latency audio.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Got Sonys WH-1000xm2. Using it mainly with my Elitebook 360 g2, a PC. :) It dont have support for aptX or aptX-HD. Will I get aptX if I get a Bluetooth Dongle that supports aptx or aptX (<-does that even exist?).

Will I hear any different when using aptX? :)

yes and yes but theres one more condition: an aptx capable bt stack (driver+utility) on your pc installed. as far as i know only the csr stack knows aptx.
here is my dongle, bought for the same exact purpose (it works), latest csr stack included on cd:
http://www.logilink.eu/showproduct/BT0015.htm

as it turned out, my cheap dongle bought years before from dx.com works just as fine. if you manage to connect your cans to your pc through aptx a large logo appears for a sec, see this picture:
https://static.qobuz.com/info/IMG/jpg/aptX-3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back