APRIL FOOLS! Astell&Kern AK480 Music Player!
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #123 of 395
  This brought a smile to my face and made my evening.

I've discovered that daisy chaining Clips together and then duct taping them in parallel to form a pod (I'll call it a pod), exponentially improves sound quality. I'm waiting to try the same with the AK480.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #124 of 395
  FINALLY.........................
The proverbial Jesus DAP has finally been announced. I can hardly wait to smack the iBasso/Clip+/Sony fan boys over the head with this new AK player. I'm wagering once I get my high res files on it I'll be able to hear Melody Gardots nose hairs vibrate when she hits the high notes and the sound mix guy farting in the background

Hopefully with this one you can finally walk out of the so called The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #126 of 395
For 4800 bones this new DAP better be able to walk by itself. Heck for that kind of money it better make breakfast for me every morning and wash my underwear on Saturdays

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #127 of 395
Astell&kern takes the cake for April's fool day. I'm floored.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #128 of 395
  For 4800 bones this new DAP better be able to walk by itself. Heck for that kind of money it better make breakfast for me every morning and wash my underwear on Saturdays

It's water proof, and for that matter also walks on water...

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #130 of 395
  I've discovered that daisy chaining Clips together and then duct taping them in parallel to form a pod (I'll call it a pod), exponentially improves sound quality. I'm waiting to try the same with the AK480.

Really?

I found differently

This is my portable rig and I find it to be better than what you note. It has a delicious sonic addition that some may call buzzing or clipping but I call it hogwash. Clipping isn't real. I disproved it the other year. It's but an audiophilial pure signal that adds an immense stage to the music.

Bethoven's 13th symphony in R-minor sounds exquisite on this rig. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #131 of 395
So what do you guys think, if I sold my AK120 and my Studio V plus an eye kidney and lung I'm thinking I should be able to afford it.

I wager Judes filming a head-fi TV episode about this new player as we speak

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #133 of 395
I'm actually in conversations now with someone about demoing AK480 very soon, I cannot say much more for the time being.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #134 of 395
  I'm actually in conversations now with someone about demoing AK480 very soon, I cannot say much more for the time being.

Ahem, I have dibs on that lone demo unit. I think we're going to have to settle our differences of opinion Mad Max style, in the thunderdome, two men enter one man leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back