Appreciation thread for the Ray Samuels - SR-71A: I just spend the night listening to the SR-71A with a cold beer and nothing to distract me.
Apr 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #107 of 145
I have an SR-71a and lost one of the thumb screws that holds the back panel on.  I stopped by Home Depot and Lowes to see if I could find something that would work, but nothing was small enough for these posts.  So I contacted Ray Samuels which is what I should have done in the first place and he has replacements for $10 a pair, plus shipping.  So, I'm posting this in the appreciation thread in case anyone else loses one of theirs.

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #108 of 145
  I have an SR-71a and lost one of the thumb screws that holds the back panel on.  I stopped by Home Depot and Lowes to see if I could find something that would work, but nothing was small enough for these posts.  So I contacted Ray Samuels which is what I should have done in the first place and he has replacements for $10 a pair, plus shipping.  So, I'm posting this in the appreciation thread in case anyone else loses one of theirs.

Thanks for the info.  I've been lucky and haven't lost one.  Wouldn't you know it is such an unusual size that you can't get them at hardware stores!

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #110 of 145
I still am in love with my Blackbird. Period

Great to see this post!  So am I!  It shares time with my Vorzuge Pure II now, but I've never been able to let it go and it's signature still sounds very special.  It is still the only thing I use with my HD600's.  

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #112 of 145
I found with using a desktop DAC like the Yulong D100 or the CEntrance Dacport L/X - the sound is just out of this world. I still say it is the best amp I have ever heard.....

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #113 of 145
  I found with using a desktop DAC like the Yulong D100 or the CEntrance Dacport L/X - the sound is just out of this world. I still say it is the best amp I have ever heard.....

Great sound signature, but the real beauty is in the power these things have!

Jul 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #114 of 145

I spent some time listening to the Schiit Gungnir --> SR71b --> Westone 4r's.  

Wow.  I have to imagine the SR71a sounds a lot like the b.  I have zero desire to replace this amp.  I do, however, need to acquire a gungnir.  

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #116 of 145
Apologies for zombie thread resurrection, but does anybody know for sure the output impedance of the SR-71A? For the original SR-71, the published spec was 16ohms but Innerfidelity's review measured it at less than one ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back