Apple Music... Seriously?
Oct 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #346 of 360
Do you mean storing and playing offline files? Yes, you can do that. Click the add button, and then click the cloud-with-down-arrow button. Should be it.

And I don't think Apple Music EQs anything. There's very little difference, if any, between an Apple Music file and the same track on a FLAC file that I ripped from CD.

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #347 of 360
No.
I want to transfer my ALAC files from my computer, directly to an SD card,then play it on my phone through Apple Music.
I don't want to use the cloud option for many reasons.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #348 of 360

I agree from my own testing and what little evidence I could find online.  What purpose would there be to provide bigger files when no audible improvements would be gained?  

​I've been enjoying Apple Music for about 3 months.  So far, I'm beginning to wonder what's the point of Hi-Res when I can not distinguish between what I hear listening to Apple Music and SACD. I like so much about it; but, most of all, it helps me discover new music from what it understands of my taste in music from what is in my library.and what I have purchased from the iTunes store.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #349 of 360
No.
I want to transfer my ALAC files from my computer, directly to an SD card,then play it on my phone through Apple Music.
I don't want to use the cloud option for many reasons.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

​Of course one reason you don't want to use iCloud out of home is the expense of it. unless you have an unlimited data plan. I just download to my iPhone what I have in my library. It sounds real good.

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #350 of 360
There is a difference between the AAC format that they use compared to the OGG Vorbis that Spotify uses. I cant tell the diff honestly....

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #351 of 360
I am one of the few audiophiles who loves Apple Music and iTunes.

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #353 of 360
I'm with you on this one. As much as I loved having Tidal I always somehow keep coming back to apple music.
I’ve been listening to Apple Music for a year and three months. I added Qobuz 6 weeks ago and the sound quality was such that listening to AM was just unacceptable. All through my iPhone X into a Marantz HD-DAC1 and Focal Clears. Similar, or better, quality in our 2 channel system using Airplay. Qobuz’s lack of content (important to me) has been an issue. Today I tried listening to AM using iTunes through a 2013 MacBook Pro. Huge, significant improvement. And, I listened to music I hadn’t listened to in weeks. Music that I hadn’t realized how much I miss. The sound quality of AM through iTunes on the MacBook Pro is truly excellent. Insert audiophile descriptors here. I care about audio quality and I’m very pleased.

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #354 of 360
Apple Music streams at 256k AAC; same format they use for iTunes Store purchases. I can't see anyone on a mobile device telling a difference between that and lossless. Streaming lossless also means more data usage. And then you will have customers who want to know why their offline storage suddenly fills up the space on their phone. I'm not against it. I'm just telling you why.

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #355 of 360
I have a new VW with Apple CarPlay. It is the only reason I use Apple Music now, and I got a deal from Verizon with their Beyond Unlimited package that includes Apple Music. I made a trip from Washington DC to Orlando and back, mostly using I-95, and I was able to stream Apple Music for the entire trip without a single hiccup. I have about 50,000 songs in my library that were migrated over from Tidal/Spotify/Google using Soundiz. I typically use about 10-15 GB of data every month. I can ask Siri to make a station for Led Zeppelin or play a specific Otis Redding album or track. It was awesome. It is the only reliable music streaming service using CarPlay with an iPhone for me. Google/Android has its own version, but I have not been able to test this yet. Google Music does not work very well for me using Apple CarPlay, though the app is available.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #359 of 360
As I am finding out very quickly streaming high res music files through Tidal is killing my battery very quickly :frowning2:.
Now I understand why Apple Music is great. Solid quality without ripping through my Note 9 battery life. (Likely to switch to iPhone soon.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back