Apple Music HiFi
Sep 5, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #91 of 98
Yes, it’s regularly happening after either 17 seconds or 2 minutes and 17 seconds into tracks. If I click on the slider a few seconds before it, it will happily continue playing with sound again. Vey strange.
Have you tried downloading the album into the device and just play it offline? This sounds more like a streaming problem.

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #92 of 98
Have you tried downloading the album into the device and just play it offline? This sounds more like a streaming problem.
Not yet, but I will try. Since it happens so consistently at the timestamps I mentioned, I do suspect that it’s just buggy behavior, and not a mere streaming issue. It’s also only the sound that interrupts, while the track actually keeps playing, which you wouldn’t expect to happen with a streaming issue.

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #95 of 98
Hello all, It looks like Apple Music app on Microsoft store is out now (no more preview) I'm planning to switch to Apple Music after my subscription on Qobuz ends. Can anyone check if they have enabled exclusive mode in the new app?

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #96 of 98
Hello all, It looks like Apple Music app on Microsoft store is out now (no more preview) I'm planning to switch to Apple Music after my subscription on Qobuz ends. Can anyone check if they have enabled exclusive mode in the new app?

Downloaded the app today.

It works fine in general but no exclusive mode.

Another very basic omission that bugs me is the lack of in app selection of dark mode, it only follows the device settings. I don't like my whole computer to be dark mode but I do like music apps to be dark. I use Tidal as well and if they can have that option and exclusive mode why can't Apple ? It isn't like they don't have the resources.

I will probably leave Apple Music installed and check in now and again for updates that might make it worth keeping but at the moment I don't think there is any value over Tidal on Windows. I use both on iOS and Android but so far Apple Music on Windows 11 isn't selling itself to me even if it is out of preview status.

If you want to use a streaming service across various platforms and/or the Windows app is important to you I would go with Tidal instead of Apple Music. They have lowered their prices recently as well so the flat rate gets you what was previously the next tier up.

EDITED TO ADD: I messed with Apple Music a few times during and after work and eventually gave up. After the simplicity of exclusive mode in Tidal it is just painful having to mess around in the settings and compromising on the bit depth and frequency settings. No it doesn’t make any audible difference to my ear but setting the DAC as the audio device also results in email and other notifications beeping through the headphones. Unless I am missing something on the last point but frankly that was the least of my annoyances. There is no data on the file resolution etc etc …… Deleted it and gave up, Apple clearly doesn’t really care so nor do I.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back