Apple Music  Now with lossless high-res and spatial audio
Jun 17, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #346 of 871
Hi all, I continue experimenting with Apple Music and I am very pleased I must say. I have a windows 10 pc and I have installed an Android emulator Bluestacks 5, then with that I have installed the apkmirror app and with that I installed the Apple Music 3.6 beta for Android in my pc.
I works wonderfully and more importantly it sounds wonderfully. At first I had problems with the bigger files but increasing the size of the dedicated memory in the Apple Music seems to do the trick even with the 24/192 files.
I am looking forward to the final 3.6. version, but this installation seems to me the way to go with pc, much better than Itunes.
Beta crashes sometimes.

83150BEB-7532-4579-8C82-C96043D6F187.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #349 of 871
Hi all, I continue experimenting with Apple Music and I am very pleased I must say. I have a windows 10 pc and I have installed an Android emulator Bluestacks 5, then with that I have installed the apkmirror app and with that I installed the Apple Music 3.6 beta for Android in my pc.
I works wonderfully and more importantly it sounds wonderfully. At first I had problems with the bigger files but increasing the size of the dedicated memory in the Apple Music seems to do the trick even with the 24/192 files.
I am looking forward to the final 3.6. version, but this installation seems to me the way to go with pc, much better than Itunes.
Beta crashes sometimes.

83150BEB-7532-4579-8C82-C96043D6F187.jpeg
You could just install Apple Music for Windows😄

Jun 17, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #352 of 871
Yes that one
Yes that one
Ok. So started at track 17 to be sure. Listened to the end of track 21. It just played seamlessly. I assume that’s enough as the reported errors was 18-25? This was reported as lossless using the Apple dongle. Not possible to connect to better DAC at the moment sorry. Hope that’s enough for you?

Jun 17, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #353 of 871
Ok. So started at track 17 to be sure. Listened to the end of track 21. It just played seamlessly. I assume that’s enough as the reported errors was 18-25? This was reported as lossless using the Apple dongle. Not possible to connect to better DAC at the moment sorry. Hope that’s enough for you?
Yes correct tracks 18 -25

i purchased the album way back in 2012 from ITunes Store as Aac 256 which was the format available at that time and it had glitches like skips or scratching at wood.

when i switched to lossless FLAC i got it from presto claasical, same glitches and i also reported it. The team at presto fixed the issues by contacting the label and i got since thwn a clean album.

a couple of years later decided to check it up again and logged into my apple ID the issues were still there .
So if you dont note any glitches then seems like apple music got the same master as presto music in 2013

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #354 of 871
According to several users in Reddit, Apple Music in Android beta version 3.6 latest update just appeared with hi res and Dolby Atmos.
I am really hoping to get a working version for my Astell & Kern SR25.
Otherwise I am really happy with the hires and lossless of Apple Music. My Apple Tv is streaming lossless to my living room stereo. Very convenient and excellent sound. When I walk the dog, I use my Iphone with Bluetooth iems and really don’t hear any difference at all In that case with the lossy version.
So, your stereo receives HDMI output?

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #355 of 871
Wondering, can a Lightning to usb cable send 24/192 to an external usb DAC? Example: iPhone 7+ to Parasound P6 DAC via the cable typically used to charge an iPhone.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #356 of 871
So, your stereo receives HDMI output?
Not directly. My appletv is streaming lossless to the tv per hdmi and the tv optical to the stereo. Apparently everything comes out at 48 Khz from the Apple tv. I believe it is upsampled if not in 48.
I was compararing yesterday the same tracks from Apple TV in lossless and from the Beta Android installed in my pc in hi res, both connected to the same dac and stereo, and I could not find any audible difference. The Apple Tv is nevertheless more convenient to control remotely and also is absolutely quiet unlike my sometimes noisy pc with fan.

I made two little discoveries: what you can find in his res in an appropriate device like Iphone or Ipad in 24/96 or 24/192 seems to be always in 24/48 in the Apple Tv.
Another thing, tracks are continuously updated. A record that was a few days ago only available in lossless 16/44, today is available also in hi res 14/96 in the Ipad (in 24/48 in the Apple TV)

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #357 of 871
Not directly. My appletv is streaming lossless to the tv per hdmi and the tv optical to the stereo. Apparently everything comes out at 48 Khz from the Apple tv. I believe it is upsampled if not in 48.
I was compararing yesterday the same tracks from Apple TV in lossless and from the Beta Android installed in my pc in hi res, both connected to the same dac and stereo, and I could not find any audible difference. The Apple Tv is nevertheless more convenient to control remotely and also is absolutely quiet unlike my sometimes noisy pc with fan.

I made two little discoveries: what you can find in his res in an appropriate device like Iphone or Ipad in 24/96 or 24/192 seems to be always in 24/48 in the Apple Tv.
Another thing, tracks are continuously updated. A record that was a few days ago only available in lossless 16/44, today is available also in hi res 14/96 in the Ipad (in 24/48 in the Apple TV)
Yes it appears they are batch updating constantly. Nice to see!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #358 of 871
Wondering, can a Lightning to usb cable send 24/192 to an external usb DAC? Example: iPhone 7+ to Parasound P6 DAC via the cable typically used to charge an iPhone.
I don’t think it can. You need the Apple camera connection kit and then a usb A to whatever DAC input required. Or a specific cable with the same chip in it. I really think Apple will make a 24/196 version of their dongle at some point.

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #359 of 871
I don’t think it can. You need the Apple camera connection kit and then a usb A to whatever DAC input required. Or a specific cable with the same chip in it. I really think Apple will make a 24/196 version of their dongle at some point.
I tried the original Apple CCK and the ddHifi TC28i adapter Lightning to usb-c. I can confirm both work with High-Res Lossless. A cable Lightning - to - USB-C will _not_ work. I also tried this, no avail unless you use a dongle that supports that e.g. the L&P W1/W2. With the W2 you can go directly with 1 cable from the iPhone to the dongle without any adapter in between.

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #360 of 871
O.K., so the TC28i adapter Lightning to usb-c will serve to deliver Hi-Res from my iPhone 7+ to my Parasound P6 Preamplifier's usb DAC input, is that right? I can buy this device on Amazon for about $28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back