Apple iPad is Offical
Mar 5, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #286 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3JmjP.jpg

Hilarious!! I already copied this and passed out via email to friends.

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #287 of 392
Preorders start March 12th, with shipping from April 3rd.
Sadly repeat the story by not releasing worldwide at the same date though! Only USA from April 3rd, then Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK in late April. Got knows when the they release it in the rest of the world...

Not that I plan to buy one, but I do not like how they perform this part of their business. ** shakes head **

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #288 of 392
What was apple thinking with this thing? I mean, you can get a real tablet pc for practically the same price, and that will run a real OS. Or you can get a netbook for half the price. I don't understand how Steve could mock netbooks after producing this thing, as netbooks outperform it in every way. It just seems really gimmicky to me.

Mar 6, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #289 of 392
I've pre-ordered my 2014 iMat. by securing it for the early-adopter premium of 180% markup, I have made an investment in my geek-cred and a down payment on my share of the national debt. I estimate delivery in 2Q2015. I just hope there still will be a delivery service that can reach this little hillock I live on... until then, I'll live vicariously by watching youtube videos of people buying things they only know as pixels onscreen.

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #292 of 392
just think of the 80s style wall paper ypu could have with 6 imats!! im resizing one of my rooms to fit! 8D

seriously, i dont like apple, but even if i did, i wouldnt buy this, as alot feel, i dont think it has a market, execept of course fan boys, who would buy a poo if it had an apple on it!

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #294 of 392
I'm definitely NOT getting one.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #295 of 392
So they rolled out a new ad during the Oscars. Can anyone tell me why they had the need to fake all the footage? Could it be because its impossible to keep a slick, flat metal pad stable on your knees while youre typing! What a lemon.

Apple - iPad - Photos and images of iPad

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #296 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So they rolled out a new ad during the Oscars. Can anyone tell me why they had the need to fake all the footage? Could it be because its impossible to keep a slick, flat metal pad stable on your knees while youre typing! What a lemon.

I saw that as well and noticed the stable iPad when typing. I'm not sure whether to buy one or not...I'm definitely getting an iPhone 4th gen as soon as it comes out (To replace my iPod touch 1st gen) and then I will save up for a MBP.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #298 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Playing devil's advocate here (I too am not entirely sure whether the form factor is actually going to prove very useable) but just look at Apple's advertising of all of their products, particularly the iPhone. Notice how the object stays unusually stable in the middle, so you can see what's going on?

Don't pretty much ALL tech products do this in their adverts?

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #300 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please excuse my ignorance. I saw mention above of no Facebook (no problem) but will I be able to check out head fi????

Surely if its running safari then you could happily browse any website you want including facebook, unless i've missed something
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back