Apple Earpods/Meelec m6 to sell or not to sell
Oct 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dcsquirrel

New Head-Fier
So I am buying a new ipod and they will come with the new headphones should I keep the earpods and return the m6s from amazon or sell the earpods. Also does anyone have an opinion on burn-in for the m6s and what is the effect.

Also I have started to notice static when I plug iems into the computer is there a way to get rid of this? It does it with my sond mrd300xb but it isn't as loud as the others.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
So I am buying a new ipod and they will come with the new headphones should I keep the earpods and return the m6s from amazon or sell the earpods. Also does anyone have an opinion on burn-in for the m6s and what is the effect.

Also I have started to notice static when I plug iems into the computer is there a way to get rid of this? It does it with my sond mrd300xb but it isn't as loud as the others.

IEMs are sensitive, so they can pick up on static noise from the computer's sound card. Also to do with the relatively high output impedance on most sound cards. Some IEMs can be more sensitive than others, so that might also explain why your M6s pick up more noise than your Sonys.
Solutions:
1. Stop using your IEMs with your computer, and use them with your DAP just as IEMs are designed to.
2. Buy a cheap USB DAC/amp (like the E10s) to continue using them with your computer. Preferably one that has the finesse to drive more sensitive stuff. Not exactly recommended, as you're in essence buying a $60 DAC/amp just for your $20 IEMs.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Sorry for my ignorance but what is a DAP is it just a dedicated music player? Also any opinions on the burn in for the headphones I have had them burning in on my shuffle since I posted this.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance but what is a DAP is it just a dedicated music player? Also any opinions on the burn in for the headphones I have had them burning in on my shuffle since I posted this.

Yep, exactly what DAP stands for. Not a burn-in fanatic, so don't know what to say here. Why do you just listen as you burn them in, you'll get to enjoy them more, as well getting any perceived changes in sound as you go along.

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 7
As far as overall SQ goes, EarPods > M6 by a long shot, in my opinion. For me, as far as burn-in goes, M6 seemed to smooth out the treble a little bit over time. It was really harsh out of the box.

Though it depends on if you prefer earbuds or IEMs(in-ear). Of course, IEM will provide exponentially better isolation (and better bass, usually, due to seal) than earbuds.  

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 7
It depends on what your ears tell you about the sound. Because you may enjoy the sound of an IEM sealed in your ear better... you should at least try out the EarPods for a few minutes, even if you do decide to sell. Your experience could be the opposite of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back