Apple ear pods
Dec 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

audiocookie

Head-Fier
I know I'll probably get torn up on here for this, but does anyone else like apple ear pods? I decided to spend the 30 bucks on them, and I really like them. For so e reason, I don't like the in ear buds with the silicone tips very much because the sound feels forced, whereas the ear pods have great sound quality and sound doesn't feel like its being forced into your ears and I think they're comfy. I also own a pair of skullcandy 50/50 and they are really good in ear headphones, but I don't think the sound quality is any better than the ear pods. The only thing better is the bass, but that's not as I porting to me for in ear buds. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Alex

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 21
I agree. I am not a big fan of Apple products in general, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of these for $30.  I'm with you on the comfort and impressive "natural" sound of these.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:
The sound I hear from these almost sounds like listening to a radio, rather than something in your ear. It's hard to explain, but I do like the natural sound:)

That's can be a sign of a poor seal.  Test different tips.  

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 21
I freaking love the EarPods. The sound quality is really horrific, but I love that it stays in while moving (running, working out, etc.) and that you can still hear whats going on around you with them in (unlike a bud with a silicone tip). I would never wear IEMs out and about because of how dangerous it is not to be able to hear someone walking up behind you or a car about to hit you! The EarPods are certainly a big improvement over the old earbuds. In all honesty, for $30 you really can't expect that much, but Apple certainly hit the nail on the head with the actual design.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:
I freaking love the EarPods. The sound quality is really horrific, but I love that it stays in while moving (running, working out, etc.) and that you can still hear whats going on around you with them in (unlike a bud with a silicone tip). I would never wear IEMs out and about because of how dangerous it is not to be able to hear someone walking up behind you or a car about to hit you! The EarPods are certainly a big improvement over the old earbuds. In all honesty, for $30 you really can't expect that much, but Apple certainly hit the nail on the head with the actual design.

I wonder if the SQ is due to the lack of a seal, or if it would be possible to replace the drivers. Really nice, non-IEM earbuds are really hard to find.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:
I wonder if the SQ is due to the lack of a seal, or if it would be possible to replace the drivers. Really nice, non-IEM earbuds are really hard to find.

I think it is a combination of the driver and the lack of a seal. For $30 (or free if you buy an iDevice) I think it sounds pretty good. My comment about sound quality was just in general. I am really happy with the way it sounds for the price. I really doubt you could replace the drivers in there. The pieces are probably glued together or would just fall apart if you tried to open it up. Furthermore, the lack of a seal creates problems too. They let in way too much external noise, which is tough to compensate for in an earbud. 

IMO, these are the best non-IEM earbuds out there, if only for the fact that they really do stay in your ears when 99% of buds out there don't!

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:
I like them until I put on some real cans then I get shot back into reality of how bad they are. For the most part they are free when people buy an apple product, so no complaints. 

Yeah. The point is, they are substantially better than most non-IEM earbuds.

Quote:
I agree, most iems I've owned are uncomfortable and the silicone tips make my ears sore and push themselves out of my ear for an uneven seal on either side, sounding really weird.

Hmm. Try some foams. Maybe Complys.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:
Would they fit most iems you buy in stores? I have no complaint about my skullcandy 50/50s, just the seal and uncomfortableness.

There are 5 different nozzle sizes for Comply tips. The Skullcandy 50/50s use the 400s. 
http://www.complyfoam.com/categories/Brand/Skullcandy%E2%84%A2/50-50/
The X models marked as "Plus" have earwax filters. 

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:
Thanks!
biggrin.gif

No problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back