Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Jan 13, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #258 of 979
I’m happy with the Comply foam tips for these. Usually I don’t like foam and what foam does to the sound, but in this case I like the Comply foam tips.

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #259 of 979
They have a "variety pack" that you can get from Amazon. That's the way I went, since for some tips I need different sizes for each ear.
I saw that - I think that's what I'll go with. Thanks.

I’m happy with the Comply foam tips for these. Usually I don’t like foam and what foam does to the sound, but in this case I like the Comply foam tips.
I may try these, as well - thanks.

Jan 14, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #260 of 979
Potentially promising news for the next Netflix update. I've wondered what was taking them so much longer than others given how extensive their library of 5.1 titles is.

"Netflix reportedly testing spatial audio support for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max"
https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/14/netflix-spatial-audio-airpods/

Jan 14, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #261 of 979
Potentially promising news for the next Netflix update. I've wondered what was taking them so much longer than others given how extensive their library of 5.1 titles is.

"Netflix reportedly testing spatial audio support for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max"
https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/14/netflix-spatial-audio-airpods/
That's potentially good news. I just wish they'd enable it on Apple TVs, or better yet, my iPad Pro that has the same processor as other models that do have it enabled. But I'm stuck with only my iPhone.

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #262 of 979
That's potentially good news. I just wish they'd enable it on Apple TVs, or better yet, my iPad Pro that has the same processor as other models that do have it enabled. But I'm stuck with only my iPhone.

The current Apple TV lacks the necessary hardware. The upcoming one though will surely support it.

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #263 of 979
Jan 15, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #264 of 979
So the spacial audio doesn’t work on all iPads? Or the Apple TV?

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #265 of 979
So the spacial audio doesn’t work on all iPads? Or the Apple TV?

Does not work on Apple TV. It requires a specific chip on the host device as well which isn't part of the SOC if I'm not mistaken which could explain why @Mouseman iPad doesn't support it.

Edit: The specific list of devices can be found here.

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #266 of 979
Does not work on Apple TV. It requires a specific chip on the host device as well which isn't part of the SOC if I'm not mistaken which could explain why @Mouseman iPad doesn't support it.

Edit: The specific list of devices can be found here.

Spatial audio is kind of neat, but I’m not sure how many people are really going to watch a movie on their iPhone. I’ve tried it with my 12 Mini, but it’s just a bit small. An iPad may be more useful for that since it’s bigger, but I’d be more interested to use this feature with my TV especially in a situation where my fiancé would be sleeping in the same room, where me using headphone wouldn’t wake her or keep her up.

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #267 of 979
Spatial audio is kind of neat, but I’m not sure how many people are really going to watch a movie on their iPhone. I’ve tried it with my 12 Mini, but it’s just a bit small. An iPad may be more useful for that since it’s bigger, but I’d be more interested to use this feature with my TV especially in a situation where my fiancé would be sleeping in the same room, where me using headphone wouldn’t wake her or keep her up.

iPad makes sense, iPhone really doesn't, I agree. Apple TV needs it, the issue is that the way Spatial audio works right now, it makes it sound like the sound is emanating from the device it's playing out of. For the Apple TV, it would actually sound like it was the Apple TV. So if you have the Apple TV off to the side, it might actually make it sound like it's coming from the side of where you're seeing it all go down. Apple will definitely need to think up how they're going to do that setup with the Apple TV so it works flawlessly with very little user input into correcting the system themselves. But I certainly agree, they do need to get the feature working on the Apple TV as it is the place it would be most at home in.

Feb 1, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #268 of 979
Tried the Azla's - I didn't hear that much difference from the stock tips. I returned them, but may purchase a 2 pack of ML, which was the best fit for me, just because they seemed to stick a little better.

I own Westone UM Pro 30's & Shure 846's , both of which I use as iems when gigging with my band. But, I must say, these APP's sound very good to me, and the obvious convenience (I'm an Apple user) has me reaching for them first, even over my other wired iems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back