Mar 21, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
It's just not right. Life isn't fair.

hahahahah....that's funny

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I really think you have some sort of problem, considering you write this and other variations in almost every post on this forum. Why you seem to look down on us and our meager arguments/issues, I dunno. Please, just ignore the threads instead of crapping them.

Oh I don't know, it has a bit more flavor to it than "excellent thread, most informative" so I don't mind.
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #18 of 40
Who the heck cares if the new ipod will have widescreen and bluetooth capabilities. The ipod is a MP3 player, thats what its designed for! I don't need to use it as a portable movie player, because there are other products that are designed so they are much better than the ipod at playing movies! I just think its a lame excuse to upgrade just because of its new features. I will only upgrade if it has 100 hour battery life or something, I don't give a crap about the new "touchscreen" crap

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
I fail to see how the fact that a manufacturer offers incremental improvements in technology proves that the technology itself is unworthy.

Me neither, but everytime someone upgrades it would create unneded waste disposal. 2G Ipods still work, but they are not hip, so it's thrown out. People don't think, they just throw away and buy something they saw in the commercials. Unfortunately, the bottom of most electronic trash bins is a direct shortcut to the fires in countries like beaches of Ghana, because correct disposal costs much more and who will pay for that ?
tongue.gif

Therefore what is the meaningful criteria for buying a slightly improved Ipod ? (or something else).

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #20 of 40
this ipod better support flac... or am i just day dreaming?

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
on cnn it was reported that the days of the 60g ipod are about over...sheesh......how's that for getting your money's worth?

Well hoipe this is true. I sell my 60 photo.. give my 60 video to GF.. and getting a new 6th Gen ipod in April. Actually this doesn't work out to bad for me. I like watching videos at the gym but the screen is too small. Hope the license agreement goes through with movie industry. Jobs was pushing for owner license of movies on iTunes and movie industry was pushing subscription on iTunes.

It amazes me the venom released by this threads.

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
this ipod better support flac... or am i just day dreaming?

A lovely dream sir, nothing more...

But hey, I guess we didn't expect such a huge jump in sound quality from 4g to 5g, did we?

Mar 21, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Well hoipe this is true. I sell my 60 photo.. give my 60 video to GF.. and getting a new 6th Gen ipod in April. Actually this doesn't work out to bad for me. I like watching videos at the gym but the screen is too small. Hope the license agreement goes through with movie industry. Jobs was pushing for owner license of movies on iTunes and movie industry was pushing subscription on iTunes.

It amazes me the venom released by this threads.

in 1911's case it's sour grapes. he bought a 60gig 5G, and couldn't make itunes work with his prehistoric heap of a desktop, and even tho i told him to cowboy up and just use something other than iTunes to interface with the iPod, he wimped out and returned it. and now has a mad-on against Apple. BEWARE THE WRATH OF 1911!
eek.gif
icon10.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #24 of 40
I was almost right behind him with the distortion issues I was having with mine but a software update seems to have taken care of it... for now (fingers crossed)

I don't need the video... it's a nice feature but really just a gimic IMO. I admit it would be nice to have Vacation or The Burbs in there for killing time once in a while but I wouldn't buy it because of that. It's for music.

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I really think you have some sort of problem, considering you write this and other variations in almost every post on this forum. Why you seem to look down on us and our meager arguments/issues, I dunno. Please, just ignore the threads instead of crapping them.

Leave Ken36 alone would you? Or choose an «opponent» of your own age....
wink.gif

Amicalement

EDIT: Just to keep with the topic: 3g rules!!!!

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Leave Ken36 alone would you? Or choose an «opponent» of your own age....
wink.gif
[/COLOR]

Damn . . I didn't realize he was so old. Oh shnikeys!

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #28 of 40
I just bought my second used 2nd gen 20 gig ipod. My first died after three years. Original cost $150 (used). My new 2nd gen cost me $80! And yeah, no video but lovely, lovely music back in my palm. The thing is beautiful and mint and came with an amazingly perfect selection of MP3s (all the Beatles albums, Neil Young, soundtracks, awesome). Long live used ipods! Damn the march of technology.

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Same here...i'm in love with my 5g ipod. I don't think i'll get the new one for 2 reasons.

1. I listen to mostly music. Although video is nice, how much charge can the batt hold?

2. I prefer purchasing a product that has evolved ( 5g ). I'm always wary of new products because you never know what bugs there are. A new touchscreen clickwheel would be really cool but i'd wait a few generations.

I am in the exact same boat.
icon10.gif

EDIT: Actually, I could always use more space, say around 120GB.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back