Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp
Jun 16, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #46 of 361
Hi Guys,

Just thinking out loud here and following in the trail-blazing path of the hifiguy528 video. I wonder if this cable would work for making the Groove work on an iPhone, along with a run-of-the-mill USB Battery pack and an Apple Camera Connection Kit?

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2.0/Micro/1foot-USB-Y-Cable-for-External-Hard-Drive-Dual-USB-A-to-Micro-B~USB2HAUBY1

Best Regards!

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #48 of 361
I am not sold on this thing. If you are an iPhone / iPod User, i would recommend the Oppo-HA2 since this one is working straight out of the box with iDevices and you don't need this clusterf*** of CCK and USB-Hubs and USB-Battery Packs and whatnot. And the soundquality is top notch.

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #52 of 361
Bump 
smily_headphones1.gif

I really don't understand why this thing is not a hit on head-fi.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #56 of 361
Hello beautiful people of Head Fi. I've been dealing with digital music technologies for the last 5 years or so; I'm still a newbie. One of the reasons I got myself a Sennheiser HD 700 when I'm a techno enthusiast. I've yet never had the chance of trying my new headphones with any audio interface or amp. I've asked the HD 700 discussion regarding possible amps that might give me what HD 700 has to offer and maybe a bit bass. Techno is a bass heavy genre and I need to hear my subs clearly and there has been complaints about HD 700's trebs piercing. It's hard for me to change headphones now. Tone for friendly user recommended me Digizoid amps and told me I could also EQ my headphones without distorting my sound; but I couldn't be sure if that'd give me the studio sound I wish to hear, clear and objective, or trick me into believing the naturality of the increased bass. So I'm asking anyone with amp and HD 700 experience if this would be a better choice for mixing down techno tracks. I don't want to hear an altered sound that's no longer mix friendly, nor do I want to lack any bass so that I'll boost my bass freqs up and it'll mud everything out when played at a club or so. Can anyone get me out of this dilemma?

On the side note: I have a Scarlett 2i4 I mainly purchased for DJing with my APC 40 since it allowed me to cue tracks. When I go back home, should I continue my mixdowns with the Groove or the 2i4?

Thanks a lot!

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #57 of 361
  Hi Guys,

Just thinking out loud here and following in the trail-blazing path of the hifiguy528 video. I wonder if this cable would work for making the Groove work on an iPhone, along with a run-of-the-mill USB Battery pack and an Apple Camera Connection Kit?

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2.0/Micro/1foot-USB-Y-Cable-for-External-Hard-Drive-Dual-USB-A-to-Micro-B~USB2HAUBY1

Best Regards!

You would need the Cube USB hub (white little box) to bypass Apple's Lightening restrictions.   Otherwise, iOS will pop up "device not supported".

I'm enjoying Groove with Sennheiser IE-800 right now.  Great combo!

Jul 5, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #58 of 361

You would need the Cube USB hub (white little box) to bypass Apple's Lightening restrictions.   Otherwise, iOS will pop up "device not supported".

I'm enjoying Groove with Sennheiser IE-800 right now.  Great combo!

1. @HiFiGuy528
Could you please try the Groove with the HD800 and tell me if it's a  any good?Of course i would like to know about the DAC, buy  i am mainly worried if the amp is powerful enough.
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way i LOVE your videos! i watch each one of them. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #59 of 361
Is there any other well-known or popular constant current output AMP? The sound from this is very interesting. I always like to find something to compare against for something that is new-to-me, so I can "bookmark" it in my mind and say - so that's what constant current output sounds like.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #60 of 361
  Is there any other well-known or popular constant current output AMP? The sound from this is very interesting. I always like to find something to compare against for something that is new-to-me, so I can "bookmark" it in my mind and say - so that's what constant current output sounds like.

I believe the Nuforce Ha-200 is one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back