Aphex Twin + K702s = Bliss
Apr 30, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 23
i just finished my mix. 35 tracks ranging from his early works in 1991 all the way to 2007. my friend and i have been collecting his music for about a decade. i think a lot of it is extremely indigestible for my ears, but i have dug through the garbage and found the gems.

Flim is probably my favorite track by Aphex. Look up the Bad Plus, they do a jazz rendition of the track. it is AMAZING!!!!

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by zdkaiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good gravy! This is nice. The bass extension...tight, low, and clear.

And not enough

May 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #23 of 23
It's nice to know there are others on here who appreciate Aphex Twin as much as I do. He'll always have a place near and dear to my musical heart. And I agree, some of his newer material as The Tuss is some of his best work ever. Really mindblowingly amazing.

I'll always appreciate the fact that my early introduction to Aphex Twin led me to discover some of my other favorite musicians; Squarepusher, Amon Tobin, Autechre, Venetian Snares, et al.

Edit- Hey speaking of IDM or these related electronica subgenres- Do you guys have a favorite headphone for listening to these styles apart and aside from more "traditional" electronic music like house, techno, trance, etc? I find that I don't listen to these styles as much anymore, tending to favor more IDM, dubstep, drumnbass, experimental, etc. I just wonder if certain headphones would be better for these styles than with more traditional electronica that I think most people tend to associate with. I'm sure there have probably been threads devoted to this question, I'll search and see. Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back