Aphex Twin + K702s = Bliss
Apr 30, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 23
Selected ambient works 85-92
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 23
Hah I like aphex a lot too. I was thinking a while back about pulling the trigger on some SA5000's , just for electronica use. I prefer the album "Drukqs" to selected ambient works, sadly the selected album has a few issues SQ-wise. I read somewhere that the tapes the music was on got damaged.

Edit: apparently it got mangled by a cat

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 23
smily_headphones1.gif

you know I used aphex twin to settle some neighbor issues a while back.

Here's the story:

We live in a family house with one wall shared with our neighbors. Our dog has a bit of an annoying bark and an even more annoying whine when my mom goes away. The next door neighbors have been really pissed about it, even though the dog has settled down a lot since it was a puppy. One day last summer I woke up early in the morning, to hear a very annoying buzzing noise in my room. After 1 week of waking up to this noise every morning (a sound like a very loud fly trapped in my room), I deduced that what I am hearing is the resonance from a ultrasonic dog-whistle thing (a friend has something similar).
I would have been okay with it if :
a. I don't hear it
b. They only use it when the dog is actually annoying
but alas, they used it to torture the dog, on and off all day. Now my room is right across the wall from the neighbor kids room, and I heard him turning the thing on. So I hefted my 200 W good ole standing speakers and integrated amp up to my tiny room, faced them towards the wall, and let loose the love.

It took about 3 sessions to convince them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #9 of 23
Hearing that story, I immediately guessed the track would be Come To Daddy, clicked the link and was pleased to find out I was right. You chose the perfect track.

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 23
With the K702s I have an Aphex personal mix I compiled:

Windowlicker
Acrid Avid Jam Shred
Flim
Milkman
Shiz Ko E
B. Bouncing Ball
Fingerbib
Girl-boy song
Alberto Balsalm
Jyewynthek
Vordhosbn
Bbydhyonchord
54 Cymrv Beats
Everyday

That is the list so far. Seems mostly like jibberish as far as song titles. He must just write a song and then go:

hjsggjspodfjweff

on his keyboard.

Next song:

sdifrewp

and so forth.
Weird.
I haven't listened to the ambient works much. i am more into the "drill n bass" side of Richard's work. the AKGs do well with that. Very well. any suggestions on albums by him?

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The double album Drukqs is awesome, so fragile at some points and so aggressive at others.

you should listen to the drill tracks at 33rpm instead of 45

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by zdkaiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am more into the "drill n bass" side of Richard's work. the AKGs do well with that. Very well. any suggestions on albums by him?

the tuss is some of the best stuff he's ever done.

the tuss - rushup edge
the tuss - confederation through

you'll like 'death f uck'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back