Apex Peak and Volcano Loaner Program
Jun 23, 2010 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

The Apex Peak and Volcano are now available and we are doing a loaner program for the amp and power supply.

So here is the deal. You can use the Peak and Volcano for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks are up you must send it to the next recipient. You must also write a review here in this thread. I would like for them to be reviewed both as a headphone amp and as a preamp if possible.

I will be shipping it as follows... in a Pelican case with the Peak, Volcano, standard power supply, power cable (K Works Empowered Power cable) and Cardas Golden Reference interconnects.

I am looking for people who have at least one of the following headphones -  HD800, T1, PS1000, LCD-2. Any additional headphones would also be helpful. It would also be good if you had a speaker system with a good source, power amp(s) and speakers for use as a preamp.

You are free to roll tubes (6SN7) in the Peak. You are also free to have FUN!

E-mail me at todd@ttvj.com with you info - shipping address, Head-Fi user name, phone number and you will be added to the list. It will ship to the first participant next week.

Todd

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 47
HI achristilaw,

You are indeed no 2 on the list. All I am waiting for is the Pelican case to ship it in. As soon as it arrives the Peak and associated gear will be on its way.

Anyone else interested? I will say that both Pete and I are very proud of this one and think you will be equally impressed.

Todd

Jul 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 47
Hi Audio Addict,

The package weighs in at 38 lbs. There are 2 boxes that go together. One has the key to the locks that secure the Pelican case and the other is filled with the goodies - the Apex Peak, Apex Volcano, standard power supply stock 6SN7 tube, Cardas Golden Reference interconnects and K-Works power cable. It cost me just a little over $20 for shipping UPS Ground. It may be more if you are shipping it at a UPS Store...

Todd

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...the other is filled with the goodies - the Apex Peak, Apex Volcano, standard power supply stock 6SN7 tube, Cardas Golden Reference interconnects and K-Works power cable.

Todd

L3000.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 47

Quote:
Hi Audio Addict,

The package weighs in at 38 lbs. There are 2 boxes that go together. One has the key to the locks that secure the Pelican case and the other is filled with the goodies - the Apex Peak, Apex Volcano, standard power supply stock 6SN7 tube, Cardas Golden Reference interconnects and K-Works power cable. It cost me just a little over $20 for shipping UPS Ground. It may be more if you are shipping it at a UPS Store...

Todd

Thanks Todd,

If I volunteered, do you have any idea about when it might make it to central IL?  I need to be sure I can get enough time with it.

I would use with my PWD/PWT and my HRX.  When used in the speaker set up it would be the preamp for with my Clayton Audio M70s and Focus SE speakers.  While my T1 and HP2 are balanced I do have a balance to single ended adapter to use with the set up otherwise it would my with HE-5s, HD600s or K702.

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #9 of 47

Quote:
Thanks Todd,

If I volunteered, do you have any idea about when it might make it to central IL?  I need to be sure I can get enough time with it.

I would use with my PWD/PWT and my HRX.  When used in the speaker set up it would be the preamp for with my Clayton Audio M70s and Focus SE speakers.  While my T1 and HP2 are balanced I do have a balance to single ended adapter to use with the set up otherwise it would my with HE-5s, HD600s or K702.

Todd is allowing two weeks with every participant, so I feel that is enough time to have a feeling out process. How cool is this! To get to slam the door and kick the tires on the new amp! It might feel right at home between the Clayton's and Focus also...

I have the PWT/PWD combo, so it will be interesting to contrast the different systems...they (the PS combo) are space Meisters! I have the HP-2's but have sold the T1, 800's and HE-5. The LCD-2 has the yeoman duty know!

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #11 of 47
HI All,

The loaner is 4-5 weeks out to the next participant so if you want to sign up let me know Audio Addict. You would be 3rd on the list... your system is more than adequate - it is very nice indeed!

I can certainly offer the case for $350 added to the cost. It is one heck of a case and guaranteed to get anything in it there in perfect condition. And it would also protect it in storage for generations to come!

Todd

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #12 of 47
I will give it a shot but be forewarned I am not the writer like some of these Head-Fiers are.  I am an accountant so maybe I will give it ratings in various categories like the music notes "Enjoy The Music" does at the end of their reviews.

I will drop you a private message with the address.

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 47
It s been a bit less than a week now, and I have been gathering my thoughts on the Peak/Volcano.  I hope to start a review thread in the next few days, so keep your eye out in the Headphone Amps forum.  For those of you who cannot wait, here is a hint - 
L3000.gif

--Ken

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 47
HEY achristilaw! Did you get the amp yet? I've gotta hear your impressions with the LCD-2's. For the heck of it, do you think you could do a quick compare with and without the Volcano and the Audeze? My wallet's taking a thumping as it is, but this might be a must have as I'm looking for an uncolored hp/pre amp, and i've got a lot of 6SN7's to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back