Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Dec 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #166 of 862

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #168 of 862
Quote:
Is that the venture craft cable that you've modified? The whole thing looks very neat!

The only reason stopping me from getting the Glacier is the availability of such a cable. I suck at soldering.

Yeah, to be honest I am also novice in soldering, and if you never try (even if you fail) you will never learn.

It was relatively simple to modify, and it looks neat.
I have the Hak5 shop cable, but its long and this looks neat.

I will try to help anyone who needs to modify it.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #169 of 862
...Ah..one more thing, it sounds amazing.

The Glacier has one of the best refined micro details I ever heard from a portable amp.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #170 of 862
@ObeyurMaster

You can ask Frank , from Toxixcable (http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables) to make you one.
I will ask him to do one for me in the near future.

It will look miles better....

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #172 of 862
Quote:
@ObeyurMaster

You can ask Frank , from Toxixcable (http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables) to make you one.
I will ask him to do one for me in the near future.

It will look miles better....

Thanks turokrocks.

I know there are two different inputs for charging and usb in. Does the Glacier charge through the DAC usb input? I prefer it doesn't or can be disabled. I don't my galaxy S3s battery to drain out.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #173 of 862
Quote:
Nice pics, turkorocks.

...you should hear it.
L3000.gif
...thanks.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #174 of 862
Quote:

Thanks turokrocks.

I know there are two different inputs for charging and usb in. Does the Glacier charge through the DAC usb input? I prefer it doesn't or can be disabled. I don't my galaxy S3s battery to drain out.

By default, yes it will charge from both, but pushing the gain and reset, will turn it off (even after a shut down, as to charging from the DAC).

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #176 of 862
Even with my Dx100 , I did not get such clarity and sound-stage.
I am happier with this setup, than the DX100, alas, no 96/24 capability (android limitation...for now)
Neutron with the Glacier, are giving me the chills............................ 

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #178 of 862
I am happier with this setup, than the DX100, alas, no 96/24 capability (android limitation...for now)

I was planning on saving up for a DX100 to pair with my 8A but it seems getting the Glacier and using it with my Note2 looks even more attractive now..

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #179 of 862
Quote:
...you should hear it.
L3000.gif
...thanks.

Quote:

I do want to hear it!

It sounds like you are really happy with the DAC.  That is the factor that is starting to intrigue me about the Glacier. Having heard the TTVJ Slim, I am confident that the amp section is good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back