AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Feb 20, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #3,706 of 4,614
Yes they are 150 ohms. I do use high gain and I feel it's plenty. Most of the time I don't have it much over 30-35 for the volume.

30 seems very low for volume

im at 60 with replay gain and 50 without it

with 24 ohm over ear headphones

Feb 20, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #3,707 of 4,614
30 seems very low for volume

im at 60 with replay gain and 50 without it

with 24 ohm over ear headphones

For my ears it's plenty. I'll occasionally push it to 40-45 but not for long sessions. At 30-35 which is what I use while I'm in the office, I will have them on from the time I get in to the time I leave. Now the AP80 doesn't always make it that long though.

Feb 20, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #3,708 of 4,614
For my ears it's plenty. I'll occasionally push it to 40-45 but not for long sessions. At 30-35 which is what I use while I'm in the office, I will have them on from the time I get in to the time I leave. Now the AP80 doesn't always make it that long though.

my battery is lasting 12hrs

maybe your bigger headphones are making your battery shorter. how many hrs are u getting?

Feb 20, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #3,710 of 4,614
I know running on high gain it does use more battery and I use nothing but FLAC so all of that adds up. I'd say most days I get around 8-9 hours. I don't believe I've ever gotten 12.

i get 12hrs on low gain.

half my files are lossless, half 320 mp3

Mar 4, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #3,713 of 4,614
When I'm using my 24 ohm IEMs, I generally keep the volume around 35 or so, with replaygain enabled. And I'm old with some significant high frequency hearing loss (yay for Army generators!).

having the gain on low or high can change the volume level by 10 - 20

also ive noticed replay gain tags often wont read correctly if they are not the very last thing set. if any tag editing is done aftwards it can mess up the replay gain tag. which then often causes the need for the volume to be reduced since most music in the last 20 yrs is brickwalled up to 110DB

othewise i would guess IEM's require alot less volume then over ear studio headphones too

Mar 5, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #3,714 of 4,614
ive got about 500 hours of playtime on my ap80, with no breakdowns or major issues so far.

a few minor negligible annoyances but thats expected with any device

i would like to get at least 5000 hours of play time out of it before it breaks down. if i do then i would buy another.

3000 bare minimum. if it broke before that i would probably try out a different brand

Mar 8, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #3,715 of 4,614
a way to get 2 micro sd cards to work on the ap80 might be one of these usb-c to micro-sd adapters:

image.png

Mar 20, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #3,716 of 4,614
How do you guys like this device for streaming from PC to something like an ES100? Does it transmit @ the full 24/96 if using LDAC?

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #3,717 of 4,614
hidizs says ap80 can last 6 months when in standby mode

not sure exactly what they mean by that

but my tests show a 3.5% battery drain every hour (with idle timer and standby OFF) when unit is: on, not playing, with screen off - would last only 29hrs

and shows 1.5% battery drain every hour (with idle timer on and standby ON) when unit is: on, not playing, with screen off - would last only 67hrs (less then 3 days)

so turning the standby option ON did seem to make a difference. but got nowhere near the 6 months claimed by Hidizs

perhaps they mean the unit battery would last 6 months when the unit is fully powered off.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #3,718 of 4,614
hidizs says ap80 can last 6 months when in standby mode

not sure exactly what they mean by that

but my tests show a 3.5% battery drain every hour (with idle timer and standby OFF) when unit is: on, not playing, with screen off - would last only 29hrs

and shows 1.5% battery drain every hour (with idle timer on and standby ON) when unit is: on, not playing, with screen off - would last only 67hrs (less then 3 days)

so turning the standby option ON did seem to make a difference. but got nowhere near the 6 months claimed by Hidizs

perhaps they mean the unit battery would last 6 months when the unit is fully powered off.

When I leave it in the car while I'm at work, it usually loses about 1 percent or less in 8 hours. I don't turn it off, just let it go into standby.

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #3,719 of 4,614
When I leave it in the car while I'm at work, it usually loses about 1 percent or less in 8 hours. I don't turn it off, just let it go into standby.

standby is an option you have to manually enable or disable

when standby is disabled and its not playing, the idle timer (if its enabled) will kick in and eventually power the unit off

if standby is enabled then it overrides the idle timer and keeps the unit on (in this case mine shows 1.5% battery drain every hour when on, not playing, screen off)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #3,720 of 4,614
standby is an option you have to manually enable or disable

when standby is disabled and its not playing, the idle timer (if its enabled) will kick in and eventually power the unit off

if standby is enabled then it overrides the idle timer and keeps the unit on (in this case mine shows 1.5% battery drain every hour when on, not playing, screen off)
I'm seeing different performance than you are. I have standby enabled and it drains nearly no battery over many hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back