AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #3,586 of 4,614
Does anyone know yet if the Hidizs AP80 PRO will be supporting either Tidal offline, or Spotify offline?

I have been searching this thread, and as far as I can tell, the AP80 doesn't support either (unless you are using the AP80 as a Bluetooth receiver from a phone or whatever, but then I think I might as well get a BTR5 or similar).

If the pro comes in copper I'd be very tempted by that, but only if it'll allow Tidal and Spotify offline use.

once 5G cell internet comes out and high res audio chips in all the phones then these devices like ap80 will be even more of a dying breed

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #3,590 of 4,614
Those services require the apps to be installed on your device and they need to be authorised online for offline use. So I don't see how a DAP without wifi could do his. Not an issue for me as my music is in universal formats like FLAC or MP3.
Damn! I just assumed, with all the functions present in the AP80, that Wi-fi would be present!
Oh well, I shall continue my quest elsewhere, thanks for the info :punch:

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #3,591 of 4,614
Dec 9, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #3,592 of 4,614
This may be a dumb question, but I just recently got the V-Moda cf2 codex and connecting over BT. When I go into the Bluetooth settings, I don't see any option for aptx connection.

Edit: nevermind me.. ReadTFM :)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #3,595 of 4,614
seems like the 256GB patriot micro sd card does not work to transfer files over the usb cable of the ap80

i tried 2 of them, both from reputable dealer, and both did the same thing. but otherwise worked well.

my 128gb adata brand, and my new 512gb lexar brand, micro sd cards both work to transfer files over the usb cable to the ap80, but the patriot does not.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #3,596 of 4,614
I returned my ap80 due to a wobbly volume wheel - just didn't really have the confidence in it lasting a long time, even sent Hidizs a video who seemed to think the wobble was acceptable.

Anyway, I miss the DAP and am considering another, I'd be ordering from Amazon UK and wondered if there was a way of ensuring the wheel didn't wobble or I assume its complete pot luck?
Does it wobble on every single device?
Is there a colour which wobbles less (perhaps qc was toghtened up after initial release)

Thanks

Dec 16, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #3,597 of 4,614
I returned my ap80 due to a wobbly volume wheel - just didn't really have the confidence in it lasting a long time, even sent Hidizs a video who seemed to think the wobble was acceptable.

Anyway, I miss the DAP and am considering another, I'd be ordering from Amazon UK and wondered if there was a way of ensuring the wheel didn't wobble or I assume its complete pot luck?
Is there a colour which wobbles less (perhaps qc was toghtened up after initial release)

Thanks
Maybe wait for the pro version? It might have improved wheel?

Dec 16, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #3,598 of 4,614

Thanks
FWIW my purple one doesn't wobble.

Dec 16, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,599 of 4,614

Thanks
Mine wobble a lot. I just finished repairing my projector, maybe I should open the AP-80 to see if I can do the same with the wheel. There is even someone who had to open it here in the forum. So we already know where to pull and push.

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #3,600 of 4,614

Thanks

fiio m5, shanling m0, are both similar to the ap80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back