AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 3, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #3,409 of 4,614
ya but is the ap80 simply removing artificially added silence, or is it removing silence that is part of the actual file?

Neither. AP 80 doesn't have an option to add silence like Hiby. In gapless it is perfectly seamless playback of the original transition between files.
When gapless is not activated, it puts a tiny break in between the transition, maybe a half second. I tested this using some files with continuous audio, It sounds like it may remove a tiny bit of info in the process.

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #3,411 of 4,614
ya but is the ap80 simply removing artificially added silence, or is it removing silence that is part of the actual file?
It doesn’t remove any of the original file in gapless and there is no transition. It connects the the two splices seamlessly. Try it with a track that is music to music. I don’t hear a transition.

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #3,412 of 4,614
It doesn’t remove any of the original file in gapless and there is no transition. It connects the the two splices seamlessly. Try it with a track that is music to music. I don’t hear a transition.

Of course there is a transition when there is another file in the que. How else do you describe going from one file to the next?

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #3,420 of 4,614
Think I'm going to order one of these from Amazon UK, trouble is, not sure which colour to order. Which is the most recently released colour out of Black, Grey, Red, Blue or Purple? Thinking to get the most recently released colour and any (if there were) production QC issues would have been ironed out by now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back