AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #3,392 of 4,614
Yes, that's correct.

so why do some chargers claim to be smart or adaptive? if they dont need to be. marketing scam?

my wall and hub chargers claim to be 5v2.4a but smart and adaptive

so why are they claiming that? what can they do?

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #3,393 of 4,614
so why do some chargers claim to be smart or adaptive? if they dont need to be. marketing scam?

my wall and hub chargers claim to be 5v2.4a but smart and adaptive

so why are they claiming that? what can they do?

Just pretty words to get people to buy their chargers. As long as a charger is rated 5V and at least 1A, you should be good. You'll not want to have a charger that's less than 1A.

Oh, and did you know most Bluetooth adapters pull around just 10-30mA? Yeah, that's too little, yet those chargers works fine.

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #3,394 of 4,614
Just pretty words to get people to buy their chargers. As long as a charger is rated 5V and at least 1A, you should be good. You'll not want to have a charger that's less than 1A.

Oh, and did you know most Bluetooth adapters pull around just 10-30mA? Yeah, that's too little, yet those chargers works fine.

so to make a battery charge faster they just have to make it accept more amps?

is there a way to force a battery to take more amps then its rated for to speed it up?

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #3,395 of 4,614
so to make a battery charge faster they just have to make it accept more amps?

is there a way to force a battery to take more amps then its rated for to speed it up?

Hidizs would have to implement a "Fast charging" protocol. It is handled by the Power Management IC inside the AP80, so there's no way to "force" more amps to it unless Hidizs do something to add faster charging which would require a hardware update. Note that this is not convenient, as the faster it charges the battery, the faster it will degrade too. For the battery size, I think those 800mA charging speed is sufficient and should make the battery last a long time.

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #3,396 of 4,614
Hidizs would have to implement a "Fast charging" protocol. It is handled by the Power Management IC inside the AP80, so there's no way to "force" more amps to it unless Hidizs do something to add faster charging which would require a hardware update. Note that this is not convenient, as the faster it charges the battery, the faster it will degrade too. For the battery size, I think those 800mA charging speed is sufficient and should make the battery last a long time.

so fast charging is bad for small batteries?

phone batteries are big enough to take it?

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #3,397 of 4,614
so fast charging is bad for small batteries?

phone batteries are big enough to take it?

It should be avoided. You'd want to charge the battery at or below the rated battery capacity. If it's a 3,000mAh battery, it should charge at 3,000mA or less. this is why the AP80 charges at 800mAh and goes down as it is getting charged.

Fast charging can make the battery overheat, which is why phones get warm, and may even swell the battery.

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #3,398 of 4,614
It should be avoided. You'd want to charge the battery at or below the rated battery capacity. If it's a 3,000mAh battery, it should charge at 3,000mA or less. this is why the AP80 charges at 800mAh and goes down as it is getting charged.

Fast charging can make the battery overheat, which is why phones get warm, and may even swell the battery.

so when you say 'charge' your talking about the charging controller inside the unit. because earlier you said the external chargers dont matter.

so the manufacter has to make the charging controller on the mobo work correctly wtih the battery

but cant they just make a battery so it can take more, then the charging controller can suck more from a higher external charger

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #3,399 of 4,614
so when you say 'charge' your talking about the charging controller inside the unit. because earlier you said the external chargers dont matter.

so the manufacter has to make the charging controller on the mobo work correctly wtih the battery

but cant they just make a battery so it can take more, then the charging controller can suck more from a higher external charger

They can, but the battery must fit in the unit.

The charger doesn't matter because the unit controller is the responsible for drawing current from the charger.

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #3,401 of 4,614
Hi all, still hunting out a dap and have started looking at the hidizs

I don't need streaming services, would possibly use BT, but most importantly does gapless work perfect for tracks / albums on this DAP

Thanks

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #3,402 of 4,614
Hi all, still hunting out a dap and have started looking at the hidizs

I don't need streaming services, would possibly use BT, but most importantly does gapless work perfect for tracks / albums on this DAP

u need wired headphones to use the FM radio on the ap80.

and yes there is a gapless playback setting but i dont think it removes any silence within the tracks themselves but only removes any gap that the player itself is adding in

u cant install any apps or connect to wifi on ap80

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #3,403 of 4,614
Thanks for the info, watched some videos on YT and it looks like a nice little player, just seen there's a pro version soon as well. If gapless doesn't work as it should then that is a deal breaker for me, a lot of my music (mixed DJ albums) are recorded or ripped without gaps, so this would need to acknowledge that

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #3,404 of 4,614
Thanks for the info, watched some videos on YT and it looks like a nice little player, just seen there's a pro version soon as well. If gapless doesn't work as it should then that is a deal breaker for me, a lot of my music (mixed DJ albums) are recorded or ripped without gaps, so this would need to acknowledge that

thats not what i said

i think the ap80 will playback files as they are without altering them. the gapless playback option simply removes any gap that the player is artificially adding in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back