AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 2, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #2,371 of 4,614
I have had the wobbly wheel since the first moment I used it. I have tried forcing it to see if it will come off or get looser but it seems to be OK at that.
The leather case was designed way too tight and the opposite with the flimsy silicone cover.
Apart from that the sound is quite nice.
Wish I could get a silicone cover of the same quality FiiO use to supply with their players.
Just hope the wee thing lasts with good use!

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #2,372 of 4,614
The way I deal with the wobbly wheel so I don't always end up rotating it:
  • Initiate the volume screen with one click
  • Touch the screen and drag up or down to control volume
Or when I hook it up to an amplifier, I just go Line-Out mode.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #2,375 of 4,614
Another (small) issue, don't know if it's just me (FW 1.0, NTFS):
While playing a song and in the 'full screen mode' (image on the screen, name of the song, etc...), select the '...' (vertical) then 'View album': you can see the songs, scroll, select and play any in the played album, but no more images for the songs.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #2,377 of 4,614
Another (small) issue, don't know if it's just me (FW 1.0, NTFS):
While playing a song and in the 'full screen mode' (image on the screen, name of the song, etc...), select the '...' (vertical) then 'View album': you can see the songs, scroll, select and play any in the played album, but no more images for the songs.

This is also observed in the 1.01 beta that enables LDAC on AP80.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2,378 of 4,614
Coupe of pics with LZ HIFI A6 IEMs.

Review of IEMs on my website
Or HeadFi

_DSC9439.jpg _DSC9453.jpg _DSC9526.jpg

Jan 2, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #2,379 of 4,614
On the one I got the volume knob does not seem to be lose in its attachment to the shaft. Rather the spring that returns it from the pushed in position is just weak. When I move the knob with one finger the edge that is in contact with my finger get depressed slightly giving the impression that the knob wobbles. If I use two fingers on the knob to turn it, this does not happen. I don't have a problem with it as everything works as it is supposed to. If there was a stronger spring holding the knob in the out position, I think it would go a long way towards reducing or eliminating this perceived problem.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #2,380 of 4,614
I'm glad that a lot of you have received your units. Unfortunately there are many that have not, myself being one of them, backer #77. I've gotten zero responses from this joke of a company. kenloveme has dropped off the face of the earth now it seems. And to top all of this off, Amazon has the players available for purchase, granted slightly more ($150) than what the Kickstarter campaign was but I could order from there and have it delivered before the unit I backed from kickstarter arrives.

I've been a long time lurker here but never joined, I've followed the AP80 since I learned about it which was about when this thread was on page 2. The communication from Hidizs was good, and it seemed like they had learned from past Kickstarter campaigns. Unfortunately, they have not. If my unit ever arrives now, quite honestly I don't want it. I'm debating about starting the charge back on the cc, or just waiting until this unit arrive (if it ever does) and just selling it brand new and sealed.

I'm happy for those of you whom received your players and are happy with them. It's just too bad that all of the Kickstarter pledges have not been taken care of. I've done other Kickstarters and most have went well, and all have had good communication with the exception of this one. For myself personally I will never touch/back anything from Hidizs but I will continue to follow here as I'm curious to see if kenloveme ever returns and to see how the longevity of the players turns out.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #2,381 of 4,614
I'm glad that a lot of you have received your units. Unfortunately there are many that have not, myself being one of them, backer #77. I've gotten zero responses from this joke of a company. kenloveme has dropped off the face of the earth now it seems. And to top all of this off, Amazon has the players available for purchase, granted slightly more ($150) than what the Kickstarter campaign was but I could order from there and have it delivered before the unit I backed from kickstarter arrives.

I've been a long time lurker here but never joined, I've followed the AP80 since I learned about it which was about when this thread was on page 2. The communication from Hidizs was good, and it seemed like they had learned from past Kickstarter campaigns. Unfortunately, they have not. If my unit ever arrives now, quite honestly I don't want it. I'm debating about starting the charge back on the cc, or just waiting until this unit arrive (if it ever does) and just selling it brand new and sealed.

I'm happy for those of you whom received your players and are happy with them. It's just too bad that all of the Kickstarter pledges have not been taken care of. I've done other Kickstarters and most have went well, and all have had good communication with the exception of this one. For myself personally I will never touch/back anything from Hidizs but I will continue to follow here as I'm curious to see if kenloveme ever returns and to see how the longevity of the players turns out.

I would have your bank do an immediate charge back. You have every right to recover your money. If the parcel arrives at a later date, consider it compensation for the disappointment caused solely and directly by Hidizs. The wonky wheel will be an ongoing problem for many. Updates will cease after the initial sales peak. In six months, we will see another Hidizs product announced. Rinse and repeat.

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #2,382 of 4,614
Looks like the are now selling them in more colors through AliExpress. They have blue and purple as well as the stainless steel version for sale. I'm kinda annoyed that I just missed getting one in blue by a few hours because blue is my favorite color. I ordered one yesterday in red because I didn't think blue was coming out anytime soon:triportsad:

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #2,383 of 4,614
It could come out in black laquer with gold trim for all I care--it's useless if DSD sounds like absolute garbage and I don't see a fix anytime soon. I don't know what they screwd up between the AP200 and this...but my V40 sounds good enough for me.

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #2,384 of 4,614
Maybe there will be another firmware update by the time I get my AP80 from the Kickstarter... (Looking for something positive to say)

On DEC 25 I did get my first reply from HIDIZS saying I would receive tracking by the end of that week.
- So far, no tracking, so it still may not have even shipped...
- Definately not impressed with Hidizs' basically neglecting its kickstarter supporters.
- Probably last HIDIZS device for me.

Where is @kenloveme Anyway? I suppose since he is Marketing, and Not Customer Support, that his job is complete ? So no need to visit this site any longer... HiDIZS has still learned nothing.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #2,385 of 4,614
Well at least you got a response from them, I can't even get that.

I'm giving them until Monday for my unit to show, then I'm starting the charge back. Just so frustrated with this. Also, hate that my first post here wasn't a positive one, but more of one out of frustration from the total lack of respect this company shows their backers/customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back