AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 15, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #2,134 of 4,614
I'm trying to understand the Hiby method of naming things. From what I can tell, when the AP80 is paused, it is considered in "idle" and the idle timer will shut off the Bluetooth radio after its set time. And then if you have the "sleep" timer set, it will eventually shut down when it hits that time. These are not really explained in the manual, but I am working through trial-and-error to see what they do.

As an example, if I have idle set to 30 seconds and sleep set to five minutes, and I hit "pause" on my music, it will stay in full transmission mode for 30 seconds, then shut down the Bluetooth. After five minutes, it would turn itself off. Am I fully understanding these two timers?

Also, what is the function of the on/off toggle for "standby" if it's not "idle?"

Answering my own question, which hopefully I'm not the only one who was wondering about. This is based on the Hiby R3 manual, which is a lot more in-depth (if as strangely worded) as the Hidizs AP80 "manual."

If Standby is turned on, the device will spend one minute awaiting input if paused or stopped. If nothing happens, it shuts down. The idle timer is in addition to the standby default 1-minute. So, no idle timer setting, and no standby enabled - device never shuts down even if you don't have anything playing. Idle timer but standby is not enabled, it shuts down after the idle timer. Idle timer and standby, add one minute to that timer. Seems a little silly to have that standby option, but I'm sure it made sense to someone once.

Sleep is like the sleep function on an alarm clock - it's a simple countdown until shutoff, even if you are playing music.

Dec 15, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #2,135 of 4,614
That's a very sexy combination. I also saw the Fiio M6 being announced and suddenly feeling a pang of buyer's remorse over the AP80 given how badly it lacks features compared to the upcoming M6...

Just checked M6 out, looks very nice. No doubt the firmware on it will be more fleshed out from day one. Looks like a cracker, small, feature priced and priced well.

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #2,137 of 4,614
Answering my own question, which hopefully I'm not the only one who was wondering about. This is based on the Hiby R3 manual, which is a lot more in-depth (if as strangely worded) as the Hidizs AP80 "manual."

If Standby is turned on, the device will spend one minute awaiting input if paused or stopped. If nothing happens, it shuts down. The idle timer is in addition to the standby default 1-minute. So, no idle timer setting, and no standby enabled - device never shuts down even if you don't have anything playing. Idle timer but standby is not enabled, it shuts down after the idle timer. Idle timer and standby, add one minute to that timer. Seems a little silly to have that standby option, but I'm sure it made sense to someone once.

Sleep is like the sleep function on an alarm clock - it's a simple countdown until shutoff, even if you are playing music.

Thank you, added to FAQ list

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #2,138 of 4,614
Hi!

I got black one

Sound is ok, but i had some problems

Connecting with jawbonw big jambox is a bit problem, difficult to connect. After connecting it is problem if you go more and 2 mt. away from the speaker ( normally i use this speaker in long distance range with other devices)

With exfat format it has crack sound on dsd files

If there will be a surround sound mode it will be good.

Software is a bit slow

Needs some adjustment on menu button positions.

Is there any way to go to the main music menu or to the main menu when playing music?

For the price range it is a good player.

Is it possible to add some other functions to volume wheel botton?

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #2,139 of 4,614

The Hiby OS is littered with functions duplicated.
Volume control has three versions.
Swipe down/up shortcut doubles others that really dont need to.

The programmers are out to play on this software.

The last two updates for the R3 were plagued with problems when initially released.
Only for them to ask users not to install after release?
I think that they need to have more control over the GUI.

Maybe time will sort this out?

Dec 16, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #2,140 of 4,614
Got my AP80 the other day. A nice little device. Great sound with my LZ-a4, BGVP-DMG and Ibasso IT01.
However the little rascal is not able to find my TRN BL3 iem cable for pairing. This is a bummer. A bug in the software!? or am i doing something wrong. Please some advice!
Also no Aptx support on the AP80 in receiving mode to listen to spotify on my smartphone that has Aptx support (redmi note 5) or pc. Another bummer!
I am also wondering why there is an exclusive option to activate bluetooth hd quality on the AP80. Should it not be always using the highest quality codec possible as a standard!?
Hope these flaws will be looked after in the next firmware update!

Dec 16, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #2,141 of 4,614
Wondering how many characters are taken into account to list/sort 'Albums' (maybe same for 'Artists')?
Something around 14 characters? (14 or less: differences are seen by the player; more than 14 characters: all the songs are listed together in a single album.)

Dec 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #2,142 of 4,614
Already recieved my AP80 Gray. It works fine without any hardware issue. its soundstage is noticably larger than M0. its tonality is neutral with a bit bright tendency. Nice stuff. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dec 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #2,143 of 4,614
Hi!

I got black one

Sound is ok, but i had some problems

Connecting with jawbonw big jambox is a bit problem, difficult to connect. After connecting it is problem if you go more and 2 mt. away from the speaker ( normally i use this speaker in long distance range with other devices)

With exfat format it has crack sound on dsd files

If there will be a surround sound mode it will be good.

Software is a bit slow

Needs some adjustment on menu button positions.

Is there any way to go to the main music menu or to the main menu when playing music?

For the price range it is a good player.

Is it possible to add some other functions to volume wheel botton?

To go to main menu or to music menu you should swipe from left to right to reach HiBY music app settings and select exit. It would warn you that it would continue playing but you can leave to main menu.

Dec 16, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #2,144 of 4,614
Got my AP80 the other day. A nice little device. Great sound with my LZ-a4, BGVP-DMG and Ibasso IT01.
However the little rascal is not able to find my TRN BL3 iem cable for pairing. This is a bummer. A bug in the software!? or am i doing something wrong. Please some advice!
Also no Aptx support on the AP80 in receiving mode to listen to spotify on my smartphone that has Aptx support (redmi note 5) or pc. Another bummer!
I am also wondering why there is an exclusive option to activate bluetooth hd quality on the AP80. Should it not be always using the highest quality codec possible as a standard!?
Hope these flaws will be looked after in the next firmware update!

we are all waiting for the AptX and LDAC support...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back