AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #2,086 of 4,614
Oops, I didn't noticed that I typed R6. I meant to say Hiby R3. Sorry. :joy:

Damn, that's a nice deal. If I didn't backed the AP80, then I should've bought that instead. Bought in AliExpress, right? I've noticed in your pic that you have the leather case. Was it included, or bought separately?

Also, since you own a Hiby R3, could I ask if the Hiby OS of the R3 has the ticker text scrolling thingy (you know, when the information (filename, folder name, title, etc.) is too long to display)? The Hiby OS of the AP80 doesn't do that (remaining information is just displayed as an ellipsis, and it doesn't scroll further) so I'm curious if the R3 has the same is
I bought both the R3 and Leather case from the Hiby website. Also it does not ticker. I hate that I can't read the whole line on some options.

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #2,087 of 4,614
I bought both the R3 and Leather case from the Hiby website. Also it does not ticker. I hate that I can't read the whole line on some options.
So that settles it. Looks like it's an issue on all touch-based Hiby OS platforms (as it doesn't occur on Hiby OSes that uses physical buttons like the Xduoo X3ii/X20/Nano D3), not just an issue in the AP80's version of Hiby OS.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #2,088 of 4,614
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #2,090 of 4,614
About the SDcard format:

The firmware update requires a card formatted with a FAT32 system.

What about the format(s) for playing the music files? I might have missed it but no clear info about it.
According to users' experience: What is working? What is not working?

I've been playing a variety of MP3 and FLAC files with no issues.

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #2,097 of 4,614
Hey all, been out of the thread for a bit. I looked in my email just now and have received the tracking number. It says that it has depart from facility to service provider. I have never heard of 4PX before. Any Aussies got theirs yet? Pretty sure having it by next week is out of the question though ;_;

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #2,098 of 4,614
I just got my tracking number too. Shipping from Singapore I am guessing. 'sg' designation on the tracking even though it says originating from China. I'm wondering if this this on the slow boat.... E.g. I'll see it in three months from AliExpress kind of slow... Fingers crossed it isn't, but I did not request express shipping. (To Canada btw)

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #2,100 of 4,614
So that settles it. Looks like it's an issue on all touch-based Hiby OS platforms (as it doesn't occur on Hiby OSes that uses physical buttons like the Xduoo X3ii/X20/Nano D3), not just an issue in the AP80's version of Hiby OS.
The R3 scrolls long texts/titles on the lock screen and when it opens any of those selection windows for options, but not on the main menu texts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back