AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 3, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #1,741 of 4,614
Nothing to see here! I was asked for my delivery details again......15 days ago. No mention of GST, which makes the Amazon shipping method interesting. Based on previous experiences, standard shipping from Hong Hong or the US means if it hasn't been shipped yet, we have buckleys' chance of receiving it before the new year. A dodgy old company, for sure. I wasn't too worried until their man here started claiming "fake news!". Any behaviour that associates you with the US president is not a confidence-booster!

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #1,744 of 4,614
Got a email days ago, requesting some missing address details, they should already have them since the survey. I send them the requested infos, but since then radio silence, no confirmation that now everything is ok.
No reply to my email to hello@hidizs.net, requesting update for shipping status (red AP80) send them a mail over ks, but I think they will not answer me.
This lack of communication sux.

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,745 of 4,614
Got a email days ago, requesting some missing address details, they should already have them since the survey. I send them the requested infos, but since then radio silence, no confirmation that now everything is ok.
No reply to my email to hello@hidizs.net, requesting update for shipping status (red AP80) send them a mail over ks, but I think they will not answer me.
This lack of communication sux.

I guess they also have lots of pissed people waiting on firmware upgrades they promised on previous hardware. Makes sense after this fiasco.

Lots of better ch-fi companies when it comes to service and timely firmware upgrades . Shanling and Cayin- Fiio come to mind. Should have waited for the inevitable M1 update from Shanling.

But it looked cute and the price was cheap ha ha.

And before all you sjw/fanboz come crying about Hidizs getting picked on in this thread. I’m only going by MY experiences with said company. Don’t let it ruin your day :wink: it’s just an opinion, you can share all your love stories about them and it won’t bother me one iota.

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #1,750 of 4,614
I got mine today, I'm backer 1668. I received it from hidizs from Lexington, KY. I'm located in NYC. I guess it was dropped shipped?

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #1,754 of 4,614
What's an AP80B?

Do you think it's just the scroll wheel or an internal component revision?
Perhaps those of you just receiving your devices can check them out?
Maybe later versions will have visible variations that can be compared...

...it might be just a listing error.

From a placeholder listing on Amazon UK:

Features & details
Product information

Manufacturer HIDIZS
Manufacturer reference AP80B
Package Dimensions 11.9 x 11.1 x 5.1 cm; 236 g
Shipping Weight 236 g
ASIN B07HFQDYQP

Amazon Japan:
詳細
商品の情報