AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #1,600 of 4,614
Just being funny, of course they have them, just like the seller in the Philippines, and probably penon audio does too. Only thing backers are getting is a discount- you could have yours before any of us do- who knows??
Discount? It seems like I paid more in Kickstarter in the end. From what I read in the comments on Facebook, they said that they got the AP80 + Leather Case combo from that seller in the Philippines for around 143.00 USD (when converted from Philippine pesos; the price in PHP is 7500). I ended up spending 160.00 USD in Hidizs' Kickstarter offer all in all (of course, that includes the $20.00 express shipping fee). XD

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,601 of 4,614
It's even faster if you chose DHL for shipping, and one of the sellers there (Takstar) even has a cheaper DHL shipping fee, compared to the one Hidizs is offering. Yeah, I think this is the first and last time I'll use Kickstarter for stuff like this, after all those vague and inconsistent statements by Hidizs, especially after they said that they'll prioritize backers on shipping, but here we are, the retailers got them first.

They want to get that extra holiday cash, they already have our money, and we can wait- we can’t get a refund or cancel our order.
Probably why there was a shortage of red units ha ha

Well supposed shortage.
Discount? It seems like I paid more in Kickstarter in the end. From what I read in the comments on Facebook, they said that they got the AP80 + Leather Case combo from that seller in the Philippines for around 143.00 USD. I ended up spending 160.00 USD in Hidizs' Kickstarter offer all in all (of course, that includes the $20.00 express shipping fee). XD

I like how they announce something, then people bitch because they’ve obviously shipped to retai and then Silence! :wink: Not a good idea to screw the head fi community. No sir.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #1,603 of 4,614
anyone else receive the email about changing their colour because of the red shortage? I thought it be cool to get it in red but I ended up changing.

Nope I ordered black, I’ve been getting lots of emails from Hidips but not the one I want- that would be the one with tracking info:wink: lol

And Cyber Monday will slow the mail up some, but I have no idea on why that would slow up getting tracking info.

Oh dear, I guess I’m not done:astonished:

All joking aside, hopefully our AP80s will arrive soon.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,605 of 4,614
the email said that there was a component or something in the red ap80 that didn't pass. So maybe not all the reds produced were up to snuff and that was the cause of the shortage? But I dunno how there could be a difference, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back