AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 21, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,456 of 4,614
Is it so hard to accept that Hidizs is a small company, and a small Chinese company. It does not operate in the same way as electronic companies you are used to. It, also, does not operate in a way which will make you happy. They worked with Kickstarter because they did not have the necessary capital to get the AP80 into production. They estimated production would be under way in November and the first shipments would begin in November. We know production has started and shipments have started, and there's nine more days left in November.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd prefer the employees keep producing product, that the product be in good working condition and keep getting the product to their fulfillment company, than spend their time trying to come up with status answers which are satisfactory to a bunch of members of this forum. You paid your money, and it looks like you'll be getting your AP80. If it really makes it difference whether you get it by Dec 5 or by Dec 15, then your timetable may not work with the manufacturer's timetable. If it was that important to you back when you signed up, maybe you should have bought a different product. Hidizs seems to be timely making product and getting the product to their fulfillment company. Is it so hard to let this play out in the normal course of events?

P.S. Mods, if people are going to keep using this thread to continue posting "where's my AP80, who is shipping them, how are they being shiped, where's my tracking number, etc.", could you please create a new thread concerning shipment/fulfillment issues?

We don't know if we're getting the product or not. This is the problem. And yes, you're wrong, telling with trasparency what is the situation doesn't makes the production slower.

And don't ask moderators to make a new thread, if you don't like people asking, don't read the thread

Nov 21, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #1,457 of 4,614
Why does it bug you that people who paid money for a product want info? Who cares? You can easily unsubscribe from the thread, or ignore it for now- there will surely be some unbiased user opinions when we get ours whenever.

It’s a very simple matter to find out shipping status, it’s not rocket science and it’s not like this is their first product they’ve produced. And Ken throwing info our way isn’t taking him off the factory floor.

Hidiz created this by giving the impression that AP80 would ship at the beginning of November and arrive in November. Now things are changed and that timetable was a mistake I guess (cough cough) :wink:

Anyways I know they changed it and now they are supposed to ‘ship’ in November- but here we are 3/4 of the way through and no one has even received a tracking # yet and there is no concrete info on how things are progressing. So of course people are going to think that’s strange and have questions, especially when things are so vague and info not forthcoming.

It says a lot about the company if you think about it to future prospective buyers.

Hey it’s only 115 dollars and really isn’t a huge deal to me, so no skin off my back. But if I ran my business like this, I wouldn’t have one very long.

Yes Kickstarter is different, but people buying (funding) your product are stil customers no matter what anyone says.

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #1,458 of 4,614
A review of the Kickstarter website includes the fulfillment centers which Kickstarter recommends. It seems from Ken's posts that Hidizs is using a fulfillment center (at least for the Kickstarter fulfillments). Hidizs does not have control over the fulfillment center responding to status requests. If the fulfillment center does not respond to Hidizs, then Hidizs cannot respond to the customers. Unless the customers want to know the fulfillment center is not communicating with Hidizs. Also, if the fulfillment center thinks it works for Kickstarter, it may not communicate with Hidizs at all.
Penon Audio is an independent retailer. If they say they have AP80 in stock, I guess I would want to know how Penon got them before the Kickstarter customers? We'll find out when Penon customers receive their AP80s.
And, while some might consider Kickstarter customers might to be Hidizs customers, actually they're Kickstarter customers. They gave Kickstarter their money and they'll get their product from Kickstarter. While Ken is trying to run interference, it may very well be that Hidizs does not want to interfere with Kickstarter fulfilling their orders. (Someone posted about not buying from Kickstarter in the future. This might be a reason to wait and deal with the actual company or one of their retailers.)

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #1,459 of 4,614
How can you criticize others for wanting a new thread created in regards to shipping concerns and questions when this thread was originally created for the product itself and peoples experiences. Seems every ones concerns would be better address in a separate thread to better document the issues we are experiencing. Rather this is every ones first time purchasing on a kickstarter or not, issues like this are bound to happen but you accept that when making purchases on these platforms.

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #1,460 of 4,614
Why does it bug you that people who paid money for a product want info? Who cares? You can easily unsubscribe from the thread, or ignore it for now- there will surely be some unbiased user opinions when we get ours whenever.

It’s a very simple matter to find out shipping status, it’s not rocket science and it’s not like this is their first product they’ve produced. And Ken throwing info our way isn’t taking him off the factory floor.

Hidiz created this by giving the impression that AP80 would ship at the beginning of November and arrive in November. Now things are changed and that timetable was a mistake I guess (cough cough) :wink:

Anyways I know they changed it and now they are supposed to ‘ship’ in November- but here we are 3/4 of the way through and no one has even received a tracking # yet and there is no concrete info on how things are progressing. So of course people are going to think that’s strange and have questions, especially when things are so vague and info not forthcoming.

It says a lot about the company if you think about it to future prospective buyers.

Hey it’s only 115 dollars and really isn’t a huge deal to me, so no skin off my back. But if I ran my business like this, I wouldn’t have one very long.

Yes Kickstarter is different, but people buying (funding) your product are stil customers no matter what anyone says.

You didn't pay for the product. You invested in the product or the company

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #1,461 of 4,614
Is it so hard to accept that Hidizs is a small company, and a small Chinese company. It does not operate in the same way as electronic companies you are used to. It, also, does not operate in a way which will make you happy. They worked with Kickstarter because they did not have the necessary capital to get the AP80 into production. They estimated production would be under way in November and the first shipments would begin in November. We know production has started and shipments have started, and there's nine more days left in November.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd prefer the employees keep producing product, that the product be in good working condition and keep getting the product to their fulfillment company, than spend their time trying to come up with status answers which are satisfactory to a bunch of members of this forum. You paid your money, and it looks like you'll be getting your AP80. If it really makes it difference whether you get it by Dec 5 or by Dec 15, then your timetable may not work with the manufacturer's timetable. If it was that important to you back when you signed up, maybe you should have bought a different product. Hidizs seems to be timely making product and getting the product to their fulfillment company. Is it so hard to let this play out in the normal course of events?

P.S. Mods, if people are going to keep using this thread to continue posting "where's my AP80, who is shipping them, how are they being shiped, where's my tracking number, etc.", could you please create a new thread concerning shipment/fulfillment issues?
I think you’ve got it wrong. There’s a reason why we are holding a few coals to their feet. Their past Kickstarters and their Massdrop drop were delayed and they played a similar vague answering game. Not to mention their vague and unanswered (or unfulfilled) pleas for very needed firmware updates on their past products. When Ken showed up to answer our questions and give us hope that Hidizs had changed their way of doing business, there was hope that things would be different. So, vagueness is a thing I’ve seen before by this company, and like I’ve said, it doesn’t end well. For instance, why don’t you ask them one more time about when they are going to get LDAC implemented? For G*d’s sake, they don’t even have APTX implemented on their AP60’s as was promised. Not even promised, as advertised.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #1,463 of 4,614
I'm not going to create a new thread, but I report:

Penon has for sale in pre-order the AP80, and sends them on November 26. This company meets 100%.

My question is, why can Penon do it well and the company itself is doing it so badly with those of us who have financed the AP80 project?

https://penonaudio.com/hidizs-ap80.html

I've mentioned in before on the previous posts but, DO NOT DEFINITELY BUY anything on these websites. We didn't announce and send to any retailers yet! He definitely didn't get any permission as a reseller. Whether they really have one or not, if you buy from this, there will be no warranty!

Everything that hasn't been officially announced are fake news! Please be careful.

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #1,464 of 4,614
I've mentioned in before on the previous posts but, DO NOT DEFINITELY BUY anything on these websites. We didn't announce and send to any retailers yet! He definitely didn't get any permission as a reseller. Whether they really have one or not, if you buy from this, there will be no warranty!

Everything that hasn't been officially announced are fake news! Please be careful.

And not even the time to answer some questions of the people that backed the AP80. It gives a lot of relief /s

Right now, the thing that seems like fake news is november shipping

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #1,465 of 4,614
And not even the time to answer some questions of the people that backed the AP80. It gives a lot of relief /s

Right now, the thing that seems like fake news is november shipping

I've already stated my point on the whole shipping topic. I know that you guys are on edge because of the lack of communication and we understand your frustration. There will be an update soon about this. We have a team working on it.

We will keep you posted about this.

Thanks guys for being patient!

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #1,466 of 4,614
A review of the Kickstarter website includes the fulfillment centers which Kickstarter recommends. It seems from Ken's posts that Hidizs is using a fulfillment center (at least for the Kickstarter fulfillments). Hidizs does not have control over the fulfillment center responding to status requests. If the fulfillment center does not respond to Hidizs, then Hidizs cannot respond to the customers. Unless the customers want to know the fulfillment center is not communicating with Hidizs. Also, if the fulfillment center thinks it works for Kickstarter, it may not communicate with Hidizs at all.
Penon Audio is an independent retailer. If they say they have AP80 in stock, I guess I would want to know how Penon got them before the Kickstarter customers? We'll find out when Penon customers receive their AP80s.
And, while some might consider Kickstarter customers might to be Hidizs customers, actually they're Kickstarter customers. They gave Kickstarter their money and they'll get their product from Kickstarter. While Ken is trying to run interference, it may very well be that Hidizs does not want to interfere with Kickstarter fulfilling their orders. (Someone posted about not buying from Kickstarter in the future. This might be a reason to wait and deal with the actual company or one of their retailers.)

For what is worth we don't know if they have sent them to the fulfilment center

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,467 of 4,614
Waiting sucks, true indeed. I have never Kickstarted before but I don't doubt I will get an AP80. The only way I can see being legitimately salty about it is

1. if I don't get it at all

2. if people who didn't "back" the project receive it before those of us who did or at the same/better price.

3. no delivery until 2019.

Other than that, I'm good. My ailing Sansa Clip Zip however...

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #1,468 of 4,614
I've already stated my point on the whole shipping topic. I know that you guys are on edge because of the lack of communication and we understand your frustration. There will be an update soon about this. We have a team working on it.

We will keep you posted about this.

Thanks guys for being patient!
Hang in there buddy! For all the rants, I know you will send me mine. Take care....

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,469 of 4,614
Just stumbled upon this while searching for recent AP80 vids on YT (not counting the vids of pre-production AP80 units that are sent to various reviewers). For those who want to see the red AP80 with the free silicone case in action:

Looks like it's from one of the backers from Hong Kong.

Now THAT is what Ive been waiting for :wink:

The new jog wheels look great... great work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back