AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 29, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #556 of 4,614
Perhaps you are correct.
- Yet the R3 is a HIBY Product so it gets direct Hiby Support.
- I am pretty sure that the AP60, AP60 Pro, and AP200 all use HIBY software.; And firmware support for them has all but disappeared. The only firmware update for the AP60Pro was defective, and everyone had to go back to original version. The AP60Pro is only a couple months old, but HIDIZS has been dead silent about any firmware upgrades, and dead silent about any future support/fixes for known problems. The AP60Pro is as "simple", or simpler than the AP80... The AP200 should be similar to the HIBY R6 software-wise... i.e. Android based, with WIFI.
- It's just not a very good track record of support. @kenloveme has a chance to help change that, but he will need tech amd marketing folks support at HIDIZS to do that.

Just trying to make sure that Ken knows about HIDIZS history of support. And want the best support for all the Hidizs Models.

Hopefully, with Hiby no longer doing sw/fw for FiiO and Shanling and their R6/R3 releases out of the way, they will have more resources with a better focus on their own and Hidizs fw support. And, btw, Ken been with Hidizs for awhile; i remember receiving emails from him at least from a year ago (unless they hired another Ken :D).

Aug 29, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #557 of 4,614
Hopefully, with Hiby no longer doing sw/fw for FiiO and Shanling and their R6/R3 releases out of the way, they will have more resources with a better focus on their own and Hidizs fw support. And, btw, Ken been with Hidizs for awhile; i remember receiving emails from him at least from a year ago (unless they hired another Ken :D).

The things I heard is that Hiby right now is really focused on their own products and the Hiby OS. They are going to have a big keynote presentation on Sep 1st. This is a really good thing about the AP80.
Here is the link from their Chinese social media. https://weibo.com/6190468063/GwiCex...&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1535558575950

Aug 29, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #558 of 4,614
Perhaps you are correct.
- I am pretty sure that the AP60, AP60 Pro, and AP200 all use HIBY software.; And firmware support for them has all but disappeared. The only firmware update for the AP60Pro was defective, and everyone had to go back to original version. The AP60Pro is only a couple months old, but HIDIZS has been dead silent about any firmware upgrades, and dead silent about any future support/fixes for known problems. The AP60Pro is as "simple", or simpler than the AP80... The AP200 should be similar to the HIBY R6 software-wise... i.e. Android based, with WIFI.
- It's just not a very good track record of support. @kenloveme has a chance to help change that, but he will need tech amd marketing folks support at HIDIZS to do that.

Just trying to make sure that Ken knows about HIDIZS history of support. And want the best support for all the Hidizs Models.

You are right now about the AP60, AP60 Pro and AP200 are Hiby software part. But I don't think that's the same Hiby OS as it called on AP80. AP80 and Hiby R3 have the really Hiby OS, the OS that Hiby is constantly will be working on. I already saw the AP80 and R3 on Hiby Sep 1st Hiby OS event's marketing material. There is no sign of the old models from Hidizs. I assume only the AP80 will be consistently updated.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #559 of 4,614
You are right now about the AP60, AP60 Pro and AP200 are Hiby software part. But I don't think that's the same Hiby OS as it called on AP80. AP80 and Hiby R3 have the really Hiby OS, the OS that Hiby is constantly will be working on. I already saw the AP80 and R3 on Hiby Sep 1st Hiby OS event's marketing material. There is no sign of the old models from Hidizs. I assume only the AP80 will be consistently updated.

Hope you are right that it gets updated. Sad if the others have been orphaned so soon.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #560 of 4,614
Perhaps you are correct.
- I am pretty sure that the AP60, AP60 Pro, and AP200 all use HIBY software.; ....

AP200 is pretty different. As it is based not on Hiby Linux OS but on pure Android + HibyMusic player. Android is much more harder to tweak in terms of sound... AP60 series seem to also run Hiby OS based on Linux... Therefore, I would say that AP60 series + AP80 is at one side and AP200 is on the other in terms of further development of FW.

Why nobody talks about AP100? This is a great DAP with 73 incremental FW upgrades released by Hidizs in two years from the initial launch. This was splendid support with new FW tweaks and functions coming each week... :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #561 of 4,614
AP200 is pretty different. As it is based not on Hiby Linux OS but on pure Android + HibyMusic player. Android is much more harder to tweak in terms of sound... AP60 series seem to also run Hiby OS based on Linux... Therefore, I would say that AP60 series + AP80 is at one side and AP200 is on the other in terms of further development of FW.

Why nobody talks about AP100? This is a great DAP with 73 incremental FW upgrades released by Hidizs in two years from the initial launch. This was splendid support with new FW tweaks and functions coming each week... :)
No, no, no. You can't answer concerns about abandoning recent player's firmware by referring to one player that they did support correctly. By doing this, you disregard the fair frustration that these customers are feeling for spending hard earned cash on promises that may or may not ever be fulfilled. If Hidizs is willing to address the issues that we customers have about Tecnically supporting the AP60, AP60 Pro and the AP200, it would go a long long way towards customer loyalty.

Aug 29, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #562 of 4,614
No, no, no. You can't answer concerns about abandoning recent player's firmware by referring to one player that they did support correctly. By doing this, you disregard the fair frustration that these customers are feeling for spending hard earned cash on promises that may or may not ever be fulfilled. If Hidizs is willing to address the issues that we customers have about Tecnically supporting the AP60, AP60 Pro and the AP200, it would go a long long way towards customer loyalty.

I agree that there should be appropriate support. I also waiting the next upgrades for AP60 series and AP200. I am just saying that Hidizs does have very good example of efforts spent to support previous product.

I am personally waiting that AP80 would be supported well as it happended once with AP100. And I still believe that there would be further AP200 and AP60 series support. I like both players very much and I also want it to be perfect.

Aug 29, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #563 of 4,614
I agree that there should be appropriate support. I also waiting the next upgrades for AP60 series and AP200. I am just saying that Hidizs does have very good example of efforts spent to support previous product.

I am personally waiting that AP80 would be supported well as it happended once with AP100. And I still believe that there would be further AP200 and AP60 series support. I like both players very much and I also want it to be perfect.

Aug 29, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #564 of 4,614
It must be a hell of a FM radio, as Hidizs PR informs us that FM is upgraded in high res' audio, LOL
Jocking aside, I'm in. And appreciate that there is FM radio on the device, it's still usefull for a few years, even in european countries with DAB.
I had sweared not to crowdfund Hidizs anymore, after AP200 dissapointing firmware development though... (many Mojo owners are rather bitter about this).
Let's see if Hidizs dissapears after the end of the campaign, this time.

I hope you can give your opinion after recieving the R3.

Do you use an audiophile smartphone (such as LG V10/V20/V30) ?

I'll surely do comparisons with R3 after it reaches me :)

I am using a Xioaomi Mi Max 2 as my daily smartphone. I had Lg V30, but sold it, really poor overal experience for me. I am used to the almost 3 times the battery that Mi Max 2 has, as well as Mi Max 2's size, compared to which, V30 was really tiny. The sound was much better on V30, for sure, also louder, but I couldn't make peace with using that as a smartphone.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #566 of 4,614
@Dobrescu George @ExpatinJapan @twister6, also not forgetting about @IryxBRO Great insight and concise review from you! We are taking notes of all the feedbacks! We will see what we can do to improve the AP80 before shipping it to you! Many thanks for helping us making the AP80 greater! :D

Thank you :)

Right now I'd say you're on the right track

It works. It simply works :)

There is almost nothing to complain about with AP80, and that says a lot. For a tiny thing with a lot of powah, a loud but clear and undistorted sound, with a nice software support, stable, I can't say I could ask for more. The build quality is also rock-solid. This one and the Sonata HD cable thingy are both really good HIDIZS products :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #567 of 4,614
Hey can you lucky ducky guys that have AP80 test the standby mode? I really like having to not have to turn my dap off all the time.

I think (hopefully) the unit headphonics got is faulty. And lyrxBRO they agree with your assement that AP80 sounds better than M0 :wink: I’m pretty stoked for AP80 :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #568 of 4,614
Thank you :)

Right now I'd say you're on the right track

It works. It simply works :)

There is almost nothing to complain about with AP80, and that says a lot. For a tiny thing with a lot of powah, a loud but clear and undistorted sound, with a nice software support, stable, I can't say I could ask for more. The build quality is also rock-solid. This one and the Sonata HD cable thingy are both really good HIDIZS products :)

What about the flow of the GUI?

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #570 of 4,614
Hello everyone, new backer here.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but will there be support for audiobooks? Like the audiobook players with quick 15s rewind and forward or any audiobook player feature? Can't wait to get my hands on this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back