AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 21, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #211 of 4,614
@kenloveme Why did you go for FM? rather than DAB. Is there any possibility that it could be changed to DAB?

I'm interested but the FM radio really does not make sense.

Is the hardware and software developed by Hiby?

@Vimtoman We chose to go for FM because it is still used in most of the countries except Europe. Also, the DAB chips are a bit expensive for us to implement it, and even if we did, the AP80 price would have been more expensive. That is not what we wanted. We wanted the AP80 to be affordable and available for everyone :gs1000smile:. However, if we have lot of requests about DAB, we might implement it with other nice features on "Special versions" of Hidizs AP80 in the future! Who knows? :wink:.
Regarding your question about HiBy, We develop our own hardware and our software is designed by HiBy :)

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #212 of 4,614
Aug 22, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #213 of 4,614
That said yes there is a lot to like about the hidiz I’ve never owned one and from what I heard about them about firmware upgrades I’m just going hope they support the AP 80 better than they supported some of their other daps. I will probably order one regardless because of the small price.
I have two of your products, AP60 Pro and the DH1000. I like them a lot and I think that they sound great. My concern with the new product is your commitment to firmware updates and working out any bugs. The AP60 Pro is still waiting for a stable firmware and implementation of APTX into the unit (has no APTX script). How can you assure us that you will support this product, yet leave some of your recent products unfinished?

@abitdeef @silverfishla As you may already know, we develop our own hardware, and our software is designed by HiBy. So it means that the AP80 and our hi-fi players OS are almost the same as HiBy R3. After HiBy R3 was launched, they already updated their software a couple time. We will also benefit from it as well. :L3000:

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #214 of 4,614
@abitdeef @ExpatinJapan The AP80 will be live in 9 hours! :). You will be able to back us up and order it! :ksc75smile:

Check and read back through the thread... :ksc75smile::L3000:

93D25BD4-8CB1-4928-AB2F-E3B5D9F5CE83.jpeg

http://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-unboxing-and-ks-preview_17.html?m=1

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #215 of 4,614
@abitdeef @ExpatinJapan The AP80 will be live in 9 hours! :). You will be able to back us up and order it! :ksc75smile:
Can I confirm the exact time you go live in GMT please? Is it 2pm GMT?

I set an alarm for 5am GMT this morning as I thought that was when it went up (I can't find where I got that time from now though!). I now have a loooong wait till 2pm gmt it seems if that's the time it goes live?

Thanks and best of luck today, I don't think I really need to wish you any luck though as this looks like the best mini dac on the market by far so I'm sure it will be a massive success!

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #216 of 4,614
Can I confirm the exact time you go live in GMT please? Is it 2pm GMT?

I set an alarm for 5am GMT this morning as I thought that was when it went up (I can't find where I got that time from now though!). I now have a loooong wait till 2pm gmt it seems if that's the time it goes live?

Thanks and best of luck today, I don't think I really need to wish you any luck though as this looks like the best mini dac on the market by far so I'm sure it will be a massive success!
@crezo Yes! So you can set your alarm to 2pm GMT :) Thank you very much for supporting us! We are also super excited to share this with you and hope that you will enjoy our AP80! :o2smile:

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #218 of 4,614
I will be a backer as well.
@TheRH Thank you for supporting and backing us up! It really means a lot for us! And we hope that you will be satisfied with the AP80! :D :ksc75smile:

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #219 of 4,614
Thanks! Need to try and resist the stainless version but the 200 in stainless was so nice it is tempting! Do you have any pics of the stainless version?
@crezo haha with or without the stainless steel design, the AP80 will still perform very well, do not worry about that too much! :wink: Here's a picture! Looking cool? What do you think? :D :

AP80-stainless.jpg
cbr54-bc1aa.jpg

cbmy1-xieb6.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #221 of 4,614
Damn! It does look mighty sexy in stainless :wink:
@crezo Thanks! Also we have an exclusivity for this version because we can engrave your name with a laser on the side of it, replacing the Hidizs logo :wink:. But we might only do this for the Kickstarter campaign as this kind of manufacturing process is very time-consuming.

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #222 of 4,614
Hi Everyone!

GREAT NEWS! Thank you all for waiting in anticipation!

Hidizs AP80 is officially LIVE ON KICKSTARTER! Check the link on my signature!

Back us up and order your AP80 on Super Early Bird Price!

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #224 of 4,614
Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #225 of 4,614
@abitdeef Yes! They are also waiting for the certification and they will get it this week (that is what i heard)! So does Hidizs AP80 also! :), We already paid the money to Sony they just didn't allow us to broadcast the information :ksc75smile:

On LDAC... Are you expecting the A80 to be able to RECEIVE LDAC. OR TRANSMIT, OR BOTH Receive and Transmit LDAC over bluetooth?

- Same Question for APT-x: Does it both transmit and receive in APTx, or only one?

Is APTx-HD also possible.expected in future firmware update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back