AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 21, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #181 of 4,614
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the very late reply and for not being super active. We have been working very hard on the AP80 campaign.

But now, we are back on tracks and ready to answer to all your questions and let you know about the updates in the future.

We would like to introduce to you kenloveme. He is the Marketing Manager of Hidizs, he will be handling your questions and gather your feedbacks. Feel free to ask any questions to him regarding Hidizs!

Thank you everyone for waiting in anticipation for our Hidizs AP80! We hope that you will love it and enjoy listening to your music with it!

We would also like to remind for those who don't know, AP80 will be available for order at 9:00AM EST on Kickstarter here!

Have a great day!

Hidizs.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #182 of 4,614
Hi guys!

I am kenloveme, the marketing manager of Hidizs! Nice to meet you all!

Sorry again for the very late reply and the lack of activity on Head-fi.

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding Hidizs!

I am not a super techie person about Hi-fi players but I will do my best to reply or getting the informations from the tech team asap!

Please do not hesitate also to give your feedback or if you have any suggestions so we can further improve our products and make it fit for your needs as super audio enthusiasts pros!

kQG4Ce

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #184 of 4,614
It does not support Spotify, right?
Yep, exactly, AP80 does not support Spotify but that is because we chose to place the AP80 as an offline hi-fi players music :)

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #185 of 4,614

I uploaded a ton of menu photos to Head pie (too many to post here) and also a quick look at the ui video

here:
http://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-unboxing-and-ks-preview_17.html?m=1

Enjoy

Regards
Expat

Can you please compare the sound of this with the Shanling M0? I have the M0 and love it, but the hiby link and slightly bigger size are really tempting me :) Oh and the pull down menu that I could access LO for my car easier. Only thing is no LDAC it seems.

Thanx

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #187 of 4,614
Can you please compare the sound of this with the Shanling M0? I have the M0 and love it, but the hiby link and slightly bigger size are really tempting me :) Oh and the pull down menu that I could access LO for my car easier. Only thing is no LDAC it seems.

Thanx
Its on my to do list!

Just need some free, quiet time to set everything up properly.

:wink:

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #190 of 4,614
@kenloveme Why did you go for FM? rather than DAB. Is there any possibility that it could be changed to DAB?

Maybe they're focused on the North American market, where there are no DAB broadcasters? I'm curious - in countries with DAB broadcasts, do the stations also broadcast on FM? If so, FM becomes the lowest common denominator that covers all countries. Just spitballing.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #191 of 4,614
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the very late reply and for not being super active. We have been working very hard on the AP80 campaign.

But now, we are back on tracks and ready to answer to all your questions and let you know about the updates in the future.

We would like to introduce to you kenloveme. He is the Marketing Manager of Hidizs, he will be handling your questions and gather your feedbacks. Feel free to ask any questions to him regarding Hidizs!

Thank you everyone for waiting in anticipation for our Hidizs AP80! We hope that you will love it and enjoy listening to your music with it!

We would also like to remind for those who don't know, AP80 is now available on Kickstarter here!

Have a great day!

Hidizs.

I can’t hit the ‘buy’ button :frowning2:

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #193 of 4,614
Yes hiby R3 was waiting for certification also and I guess their still waiting cough, cough ..., just saying

Hiby R3 just got LDAC I read in their thread. First in Asia FW and now also in international I believe. (‘coughs’ LOL).

Hidizs AP80 runs on Hiby 3.0 Linux verison (not android like AP200). So hopefully it will be incorporated sooner than later.

*I was busy with the Audirect BEAM today (follow the sacred queue).
The AP80 clicked into USB mode all by itself. Easy peasy.

8BA3A37E-C0A2-4BC7-A6CE-4B1F4E6C1913.jpeg
Pic pron

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #194 of 4,614
Hiby R3 just got LDAC I read in their thread. First in Asia FW and now also in international I believe. (‘coughs’ LOL).

Hidizs AP80 runs on Hiby 3.0 Linux verison (not android like AP200). So hopefully it will be incorperated sooner than later.

Very nice, this could be quite a nice unit- similar to R3 but no WiFi as Andysocial said :wink: If it sounds as good as M0 I’m in.

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #195 of 4,614
Maybe they're focused on the North American market, where there are no DAB broadcasters? I'm curious - in countries with DAB broadcasts, do the stations also broadcast on FM? If so, FM becomes the lowest common denominator that covers all countries. Just spitballing.

Had no idea DAB was limited worldwide.
DAB sounds really good so forgive my want to have it:)

Thing is I have a R3 so this may be just too similar due to the Hiby soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back