AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jun 25, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #3,001 of 4,614
For academics only, my AP80 with firmware 1.12 or 1.20 beta causes my Jabra Elite 65t bluetooth ear pods to "disconnect" when I play a music file--and then the AP80 reboots. Going back to 1.10 beta "fixes" this anomaly. I have tried it several times with the same result.

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #3,002 of 4,614
For academics only, my AP80 with firmware 1.12 or 1.20 beta causes my Jabra Elite 65t bluetooth ear pods to "disconnect" when I play a music file--and then the AP80 reboots. Going back to 1.10 beta "fixes" this anomaly. I have tried it several times with the same result.

I've noticed that since updating the firmware to 1.20 I can no longer play music through my Sony HT receiver via BT. I have no issues connecting and playing music through a pair of Edifier speakers or the various BT headphones/earbuds I own.

I can connect to my receiver but the moment I try to play a song the AP80 reboots. Done this 4 times. No issues paring my receiver with my phone (Xiaomi Mi A1) or tablets.

Not worth it to me to rollback because of the fix to DSD the firmware update provided but yet another annoying thing to add to the list for me.

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #3,003 of 4,614
I've noticed that since updating the firmware to 1.20 I can no longer play music through my Sony HT receiver via BT. I have no issues connecting and playing music through a pair of Edifier speakers or the various BT headphones/earbuds I own.

I can connect to my receiver but the moment I try to play a song the AP80 reboots. Done this 4 times. No issues paring my receiver with my phone (Xiaomi Mi A1) or tablets.

Not worth it to me to rollback because of the fix to DSD the firmware update provided but yet another annoying thing to add to the list for me.
We must persevere through these first-world AP80 challenges; and keep trying those iterative beta updates for a fix. I only use the AP80 for walks/hiking--with a nearly topped-off 512gb MicroSDXC full of music. The DSD noise is not a principal concern for me at the moment.

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #3,004 of 4,614

Does the 65t support the codec that the AP80 is set to? I had the same behavior with one of my SBC receivers when the AP80 was in high quality mode. Turning off that toggle fixed the disconnect and reboot problem (still broken behavior, but a workaround).

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #3,006 of 4,614
My new AP80 came with the battery charged at 75% and I can't get it to charge above that even after leaving it on the wall adapter all night.

Have never seen that myself. Recommend you try to do a "Reset To Factory Settings" under "System Settings". (2nd page of main menu.)

If that does not fix, what firmware are you on? Try updating to the latest firmware. "1.2beta2" Or just re-install the firmware "Firmware Update" at bottom of System Settings.(2nd page below reset...)
Follow instructions at https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center

There is another type of reset using the buttons, but try these first.

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #3,007 of 4,614
Have never seen that myself. Recommend you try to do a "Reset To Factory Settings" under "System Settings". (2nd page of main menu.)

If that does not fix, what firmware are you on? Try updating to the latest firmware. "1.2beta2" Or just re-install the firmware "Firmware Update" at bottom of System Settings.(2nd page below reset...)
Follow instructions at https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center

There is another type of reset using the buttons, but try these first.
Firmware is V1.2 I tried charging with a wall adapter rated at 5.1V 650mA and it doesn't do anything. It appears that to use your computer to charge you need to change the USB setting to 'Storage'. Why they don't mention that in the manual is beyond me. It's charging now on the computer.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #3,008 of 4,614
Firmware is V1.2 I tried charging with a wall adapter rated at 5.1V 650mA and it doesn't do anything. It appears that to use your computer to charge you need to change the USB setting to 'Storage'. Why they don't mention that in the manual is beyond me. It's charging now on the computer.

That's incorrect. My PC charges it while in DAC or Storage mode. It will only get 500mA when plugged to a PC and having a data connection. Straight to a charger or Charge-only USB port, or blocking data by using a USB Data blocker on a PC will get up to 800mAh.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #3,009 of 4,614
Just received the AP80....when I opened it I figured the 'small wrapped thing' must be the battery :^ / Literally this thing is less than half the size I thought it would be. Not complaining I just can't believe how small electronics have got. I also ordered a Sandisk 256GB Micro SD card and at first I thought the included adapter was the card. I guess I'm just old. I'm 66 yrs old and starting in the computer field in 1973 when it would have taken about 5000 sq ft of space to house enough memory cabinets to equal 256 GB which in this case is less than the size of a dime. I mean, I've got an Intel NUC that I use as my music server so I know how things have shrunk, but this is another story altogether for what it's got packed into it.
I am 65 years young and absolutely love my AP80. I think you will too. Yes it is small, but easy to use. Enjoy.

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #3,011 of 4,614

Im having exact same problem with my Jabra Elite 65t, the moment I click play it reboots

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #3,012 of 4,614
So I added a buttload of albums onto the AP80 ..... about 250GB worth using a SanDisk Micro SD card....and in the 'album' view on almost every album, every track shows up with the same song name. Like The Beatles Abbey Road, which has 17 tracks, shows every track with the same song name of 'Something' which is actually the 2nd track on the album. The album will play fine, just won't show the right track names. Not all of them do this, for instance Steely Dan's Aja shows up with all the correct track names. I used JRiver MC 24 to load all of the albums into a playlist and then used the 'Send To' function to copy the playlist to the Hidisz.

EDIT: Actually it does the same thing in 'Artist' and 'All' modes.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #3,013 of 4,614
Does the 65t support the codec that the AP80 is set to? I had the same behavior with one of my SBC receivers when the AP80 was in high quality mode. Turning off that toggle fixed the disconnect and reboot problem (still broken behavior, but a workaround).

Yeah, switching to SBC mode "solved" the issue. I switched back to LDAC High Quality Mode though since I use BT in the bedroom with my Edifier R101BT speakers or my Sony MDRXB950B headphones at night. The rest of the time I'm content using ATH-M40x, KZ ZS10 Pro or Bose Q25 when I'm on the train and need some ANC.

I understand connectivity issues but the rebooting...

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #3,014 of 4,614
Just got the AP80 today and wow I really like the sound. Recently I got the IBasso DX120 and though it has a very nice sound I find the bass lacking snap. the 120 also sounds artificial on Devin Townsend Live In Plovdiv Ocean Machine. I like how I can shape the signature to my liking without using the EQ which I typically don't like using. I don't need Bluetooth and streaming and all that stuff which I know why a lot of you guys bought this for. Mainly I just want it to play my music collection and to do it well. The UI is going to take a bi of getting used to, but that will happen in due timeI'm sure. Late to the party, but really glad I got the AP80.

Jun 28, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #3,015 of 4,614
I went back to firmware 1.2 and set BT to SBC and the AP80 with the 65t played without the reboot. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back