AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 29, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #4,607 of 4,614
I got one question that I haven't been able to figure out ... when I connect to Hiby software on my phone Hiby will not show any any artwork. The only option I found is to download artwork (and lyrics) for each individual track.
Ideally, I would like to see something like this:

What am I missing?
Just make sure your artwork is a jpg file called cover.jpg, placed in the folder of your album. Also, I always clean up my tags and make sure track, artist, album, date etc is all correct, then I delete any old artwork (if it's tiny, crap or not to my liking) and add the new cover internally.
I always resize my artwork down to 1500x1500 because that's sharp enough and doesn't hog bandwidth.

Unlike your stupid big 8MB example picture. You know, when you write a comment here, there's a pictogram in the taskbar of your edit window, between the chain and the smilie, that's how you insert a picture.
Get familiar with a photo editing program so you can adjust, clip and resize a picture.

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #4,608 of 4,614
and if you don't have funky tags

metadata is always a mess unless you manually fix it all

which is one reason why i dont use it

and most files have hidden metadata that many programs dont even show

metadata was invented for poeple too dumb or lazy to sort their folders and files properly

and it fails to do what it tries to, which is save disorganized poeple from disorganization.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #4,610 of 4,614
I feel I have to elaborate a bit on the pixel size of 1500². I made a few official covers for new and older albums, for cd and streaming. And 1500 is what I was asked. Also you can find most artwork in proper quality on Amz in that size.
Do the math: a CD cover is 5" times 300dpi. It's not glossy quality but enough to get a nice picture on most screens. And it's usually under 300kB.

Dec 30, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #4,612 of 4,614
Unlike your stupid big 8MB example picture. You know, when you write a comment here, there's a pictogram in the taskbar of your edit window, between the chain and the smilie, that's how you insert a picture.
Get familiar with a photo editing program so you can adjust, clip and resize a picture.

I am very particular with my albums covers, on my AP80 I have covers for every album (at 500x500) ... @]eep, yes, I am familiar with picture editing, thank you very much! :wink: .. sorry for my "stupid" mistake!

Anyway, my query was about the covers not showing on Hiby app on my phone, on the AP80 the covers show just fine.

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #4,614 of 4,614
Hi to everyone!
I Have the AP80 for 4 years and suddenly its not operate, only the firm screen appears.
How to hard reset this?
Thanks

remove sd card and hold power button down for over 10 seconds

i think the only way to flash the firmware is to copy firmware to sd card then boot into operating system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back