AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 21, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #199 of 4,614
Can you please compare the sound of this with the Shanling M0? I have the M0 and love it, but the hiby link and slightly bigger size are really tempting me :) Oh and the pull down menu that I could access LO for my car easier. Only thing is no LDAC it seems.

Thanx

I've already done the comparison in my review couple of pages back... IMO. But even if someone else would find that it sounds similar (which is not) - other features of AP80 are still better (screen, touch, feel, buttons, etc). As it is mentioned on Kickstarter - it is planned to have LDAC here as well.

Aug 21, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #200 of 4,614
I've already done the comparison in my review couple of pages back... IMO. But even if someone else would find that it sounds similar (which is not) - other features of AP80 are still better (screen, touch, feel, buttons, etc). As it is mentioned on Kickstarter - it is planned to have LDAC here as well.

No offense but hey we all hear things different and since I can’t demo it I’d like to hear as many peoples opinions as I can.

For instance to me the M0 doesn’t feel cheap at all, and I have no problem navigating the UI. I think they did the best they could with the tiny screen and I think it sounds fantastic with ak t8ie mkii and Mieze classics 99.

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #201 of 4,614
No offense but hey we all hear things different and since I can’t demo it I’d like to hear as many peoples opinions as I can.

For instance to me the M0 doesn’t feel cheap at all, and I have no problem navigating the UI. I think they did the best they could with the tiny screen and I think it sounds fantastic with ak t8ie mkii and Mieze classics 99.

That said yes there is a lot to like about the hidiz I’ve never owned one and from what I heard about them about firmware upgrades I’m just going hope they support the AP 80 better than they supported some of their other daps. I will probably order one regardless because of the small price.

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #202 of 4,614
That said yes there is a lot to like about the hidiz I’ve never owned one and from what I heard about them about firmware upgrades I’m just going hope they support the AP 80 better than they supported some of their other daps. I will probably order one regardless because of the small price.

Ha ha didn’t mean to quote myself. Have to remember edit, not reply :wink:

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #203 of 4,614

That is why I am saying that this is my own opinion. You are right - it is better to collect as many thoughts as you can and make your own decision... BTW - by saying "cheap" I don't mean to offend anyone who owns it or a manufacturer - I just compare the tactile feel and look. AP80 feels more solid and creates more expensive impression mainly because of the screen and more complicated design...

Aug 21, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #204 of 4,614
Hi guys!

I am kenloveme, the marketing manager of Hidizs! Nice to meet you all!

Sorry again for the very late reply and the lack of activity on Head-fi.

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding Hidizs!

I am not a super techie person about Hi-fi players but I will do my best to reply or getting the informations from the tech team asap!

Please do not hesitate also to give your feedback or if you have any suggestions so we can further improve our products and make it fit for your needs as super audio enthusiasts pros!

kQG4Ce
I have two of your products, AP60 Pro and the DH1000. I like them a lot and I think that they sound great. My concern with the new product is your commitment to firmware updates and working out any bugs. The AP60 Pro is still waiting for a stable firmware and implementation of APTX into the unit (has no APTX script). How can you assure us that you will support this product, yet leave some of your recent products unfinished?

Aug 21, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #207 of 4,614
I just asked about this concern too. Hopefully there will be a reply...

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #210 of 4,614
Yes hiby R3 was waiting for certification also and I guess their still waiting cough, cough ..., just saying
@abitdeef Yes! They are also waiting for the certification and they will get it this week (that is what i heard)! So does Hidizs AP80 also! :), We already paid the money to Sony they just didn't allow us to broadcast the information :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back