AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player, coming soon!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last
  1. IryxBRO
    Starting a thread for a upcoming new product from Hidizs - AP80.

Official product page: https://ap80.hidizs.net/

ap80.jpg

Technical specifications and review are coming in a very short time. But Hidizs inists on very interesting and revolutionary design and great sound quality.

According to the picture available - new AP80 would utilize large front face screen, comfortable control jog dial, glass covered back and, probably, CNC aluminum-alloy frame.

I bet that final tech.specs would be introduced in the next couple of days and I would be glad to share it here and start to discuss this new great DAP.

News updates:

Just received new description with some features AP80 would have:
    • Based on Sabre ESS 9218P DAC chip
    • 2,45" touch screen
    • CNC aluminum-alloy frame
    • HiByOS with HiByLink
    • DSD64/128
    • FM Function!!!
    • 13mm thin body
    • USB DAC (bidir USB type-C)
    • STEP COUNT!!!
    • HiRES Audio
    • RTC
    • 15 hours of battery life
    • Dimensions: 58 x49 x 13mm
    • Turn wheel is for volume
    • Bluetooth is 4.1 bi-directional with AptX
    • 32bit|384KHz
    • 126dB SNR, -113dB THD
    Approximate launch time: early June!

Link to ES9218p DAC description: LINK
    AP8024a.jpg

I really like that Hidizs would use HiByOS + HiByLink - this is great stable FW with perfect remote control functions over smartphone. AP60II example showed that it is perfectly usable, fluid and utilizes most of the audio focused functions. Moreover, it perfectly matches and works with lates Hidizs Sonata DH1000 external amplifier-DAC with bit-by-bit precise audio transfer (Sonata is a masterpiece of sound, read my review here). FM function is new for Hidizs, it would entertain during long runs, together with a unique step count function :) I hope that the battery life would be close to declared.

Seems that AP80 would become a desired HiRES audio DAP for many...
    I'd share the further news here

AP8023a.jpg

Official product page: https://ap80.hidizs.net/

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    xuyiguanyinsi, tarhana and hqssui like this.
  2. hqssui
    Splendid looking DAP. I hope it comes with a non-Android OS.

3. IryxBRO
    Will see very soon. I'd update with the further info ASAP

4. davidcotton
    Wonder if it's touchscreen or jog control?

Either way nice to see these smaller mp3 players coming out. It's going to be quite the 3 three way between hidizs shanling and hiby in the coming months.

5. IryxBRO
    Don't know yet, I hope that jog dial would be the main control source....

6. Richsvt
    It looks like there are touch screen controls on it (if the picture is a true one of the actual OS). Would like to see how the size compares...interested

7. IryxBRO
    You were right - it features touch screen. As promissed, I've just got the new information about upcoming AP80 (and I am including it to the 1st post as well):

• Based on Sabre ESS 9210P DAC chip
    • 2,45" touch screen
    • CNC aluminum-alloy frame
    • HiByOS with HiByLink
    • DSD64/128
    • FM Function!!!
    • 13mm thin body
    • USB DAC (bidir USB type-C)
    • Blutooth 4.0 with AptX (bidirectional)
    • STEP COUNT!!!
    • HiRES Audio
    • RTL
    • 15 hours of battery life
    AP8024a.jpg

I really like that Hidizs would use HiByOS + HiByLink - this is great stable FW with perfect remote control functions over smartphone. AP60II example showed that it is perfectly usable, fluid and utilizes most of the audio focused functions. Moreover, it perfectly matchees and works with lates Hidizs Sonata DH1000 external amplifier-DAC with bit-by-bit precise audio transfer (Sonata is a masterpiece of sound, read my review here). FM function is new for Hidizs, it would entertain during long runs, together with a unique step count function :) I hope that the battery life would be close to declared.

Seems that AP80 would become a desired HiRES audio DAP for many...
    I'd share the further news here

CactusPete23 and Richsvt like this.
  8. buddhashenglong
    I'm getting on this hype train, I was considering AP60 II or Pro. Thanks for the heads up.

9. davidcotton
    Only downside to using hiby firmware for me is no podcast or audiobook support :frowning2: Even though I've got the r6 on the way I may be after something a little more compact anyway.

10. IryxBRO
    Ok, :) I would keep you informed :)

11. IryxBRO
    I am sure that people from Hidizs are monitoring this thread - your struggle shall not be left unseen. I hope that Hidizs would listen and develop new functions.

xuyiguanyinsi and davidcotton like this.
  12. xuyiguanyinsi
    Hidizs AP200, Hiby R6, Hiby R3, Hidizs AP60, Sennheiser HD 800, Sony MDR 1000X, AirPods

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  13. IryxBRO
    Not yet, but Hidizs promissed that it would be very interesting. I'd keep you informed in this thread

14. darmanastartes
    Bi-directional apt-x is super exciting.

15. actorlife
    Arg why did I click on this? Touch screen oh man.:o2smile: Hopefully it will be around $80 US.

2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last