AOS Piccolo compared to other sources?
Jun 14, 2005 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

crazyfrenchman27

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm currently searching for a portable/transportable external DAC to complement my system.

I was wondering if any of you had any impressions of the AOS Piccolo and how it compares to other sources.

Specifically, how does it compare to comparably priced CDP and DACs (like Headroom Overture).

Thanks,

Matt

Jun 14, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Same situation here. Thought I was headed to the Micro DAC but I haven't heard back from them lately so......
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 6
Unfortunately I could not compare my AOS Flute [basically the same DAC as the Piccolo] to the new Headroom DAC's in Detroit since the new Headroom DAC's didnt seem to like my MP3 player. I will give it another go in Windsor though. I think they both sound very nice and the differences are a little hard to tell with the Flute since it is handling the amplification as well. Is AOS still making the Piccolo?

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 6
Jun 17, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, I've already stated some of my issues with the comparison that was done at that meet in the thread that Erikzen linked so I wont go into more detail on it now. I have spoken with Lan since through PM and it seems like his opinions on the AOS Flute have changed a fair bit since that meet, so you might want to PM him before making your decision. That said, the AOS Flute is no longer available so it may be hard to track one down. I have been toying with the idea of selling mine and moving towards a more 'utra portable' setup, but am undecided at the moment. The only reason I am considering this is that my home system is so much better than my portable system now and I think I could stand to have a good portable setup instead of an awesome portable setup.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back