anything* > iPod 1G Shuffle ??
Oct 3, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #31 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for something under $200 with better SQ than my 1G shuffle. I was able to listen to the iPod touch and was not satisfied with the SQ. Problem is, my touch is coming in Monday as I love everything else about it, the SQ is not up to par (w/ 1G Shuffle) and I may just sell it.

Other options I have in mind are the trekstor vibez and the iaudio 7.

I use and enjoy both, 1st Gen shuffle and VibeZ regularly. To My Ears the 1st Gen shuffle is far better than the other Apple and Creative products I've listened to. Definitely one of the best flash players available.

With that said the VibeZ has a much, much more refined and detailed sound to it. Just as powerful as the 1st Gen Shuffle. The VibeZ has a deep quiet background that translates to depth and positioning of instruments in the music and a wider sound. Vocals sound more natural to me in the Vibez than in the Shuffle.
There's more I'm sure that makes the VibeZ a vastily superior player than the 1st gen shuffle. I don't believe you would be disappointed with the SQ of the VibeZ.

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #32 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by jterp7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
side question: slightly off topic but is it at all worth amping the 1st gen shuffle? Ever since seeing that thread with the shuffle plus RSA tube amp, i've been thinking about it, but so far I'm getting mixed reactions. Using it with a UE 5Pro at the moment

I amped the shuffle and it sounded like crap. The sound became disjointed.

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #34 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I amped the shuffle and it sounded like crap. The sound became disjointed.

A couple of people have said this. I guess I will also try. Though I just don't see a need for an expensive amp or cans for something that doesn't hold more then 1gb play anything better then 320 kbps mp3.

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #38 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony NWZ 818 - it trounches a 1G shuffle in sound quality.

Good to hear. I really like mine (Sony).

The 8GB is $200 + tax. The 2 GB and 4 GB are, or course, less. The S610 series has the same SQ and costs less (for equal capacity).

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #39 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they all do don't they?

Yup, every ipod plays wavs. It's absurd to think they wouldn't.

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #40 of 59
Glad to realize that, maybe I would have known this if I ever used iTunes. I wish they would have allowed ALAC instead, WAV is pretty big for a 1gb player. Maybe I can fit one cd?
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #42 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to realize that, maybe I would have known this if I ever used iTunes. I wish they would have allowed ALAC instead, WAV is pretty big for a 1gb player. Maybe I can fit one cd?
tongue.gif

1 cd is 640mb. That said, if you want to maximize what's on it, 224 aac is pretty darn good for on the go.

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #43 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 cd is 640mb. That said, if you want to maximize what's on it, 224 aac is pretty darn good for on the go.

Thanks. I think I need to look into some cheaper phones like the Koss KSC75 for when I go running with my shuffle as well. The triple.fi don't pair very well with it and it would be nice to have something open.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #44 of 59
lol I would never go running with the 5pros let alone triple fi's due to isolation first and foremost, second running + expensive gear doesn't seem to go hand in hand.

the ksc75 fits nicely but you'll need to find a way to clip the volume control down along with the shuffle itself (if 1st gen), otherwise it'll be bouncing everywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back