Anything at Best Buy?
Mar 12, 2006 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

zancxia

100+ Head-Fier
I've had a $100 Best Buy gift card since Christmas that has been taking up space in my wallet. I've tried selling it at various forums, including this one, but I can't find any takers. I'm a college student without a job, so it is really just acting as money I can't spend. I've been trying to fund my headphone/audio this semester, and I can't think of anything that Best Buy can contribute to.

It's really a pain.

Is there anything at Best Buy worth buying? Well.. other than new release games, music, etc.

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 27
Use it for Music and DVDs, how much are you asking for it...???

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #3 of 27
I don't buy music or movies in stores... I usually just buy them used on ebay or amazon... unless they are new releases, where it will probably most more to buy them online.

The SALE: (Hooray)
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165917

... But it really is offer-based at this point.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 27
To be honest with you, I don't think that you sell it, if you do not offer a substancial discount over the price. For 10.00 or 15.00 bucks of savings nobody will bite, and prices in those stores are not very good neither. Your are talking of a card just to wallet it for some time, to see if something interesting shows up there, that will satisfy the buyers need, and IMO nothing at around $100.00 is worth to get it on Best Buy, unless a sale on a given item....but I do not want to water your soup keep on trying....

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 27
GRAW.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Give it to a needy kid, it will come back to you tenfold.

But I'm a needy kid.
rolleyes.gif

My pricing was mainly based on what people were paying for it on eBay.

...I wish my parents/grandparents wouldn't have wasted their money at Best Buy...

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 27
Mar 12, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #9 of 27
So I don't get it... you get your music on amazon or ebay, right? Well, this is like 10 FREE albums right here. Why not just use it for music? The good thing about Best Buy (maybe the ONLY good thing) is that the music and DVDs are cheaper than hell due to how much bulk the company buys.

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #12 of 27
nope...

Use it to buy something. Dont open it. Return it in a couple days and have them credit your CC. Use that on ebay or here.

Ive done that with just about every BB / CC gift cert I have ever received.

I did buy a UR40 once, but I dont think BB stocks those any more.
My local BB stocks e2cs, but at $100 its way overpriced.
Garrett

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #14 of 27
Most of the cds I buy on ebay or amazon cost $5 or less. I don't want to buy a lot of overpriced cds just because I can. I don't like spending money just for the heck of it. I like getting the most bang for the buck, mainly because I don't have a lot of it.

I was trying to get cash for it so I could use it somewhere that I could buy something of real value (to me). I'm currently looking for a headphone amp, maybe a receiver, and selling the card would give me more money to commit to that. If there was something decent at Best Buy for that purpose, then I could see myself going in there direction.

I have actually been looking at getting another hard drive for all of my mp3s, but it has to be external. I own a laptop. I guess I could get an enclosure though...

I'm just surprised that I haven't found anyone that wants it. I thought that there were a lot of people that go to Best Buy on a regular basis... maybe not here, but in other groups...

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 27
Maybe a starter turntable? That Sony model BB sells isn't the greatest, but you can find lps cheap at thrift stores and get introduced to a whole new ballgame (both music wise & source wise).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back