anything as portable as E6?
Feb 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Law87

Headphoneus Supremus
I dont like my phone sound signature output, looking for something smaller or the same footprint as the E6 with good quality no EMI or hissing for IEM. can anyone recommend anything?

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 16
  What's wrong with the E6? I used to own it.

Which phone do you have? Do you use both your Alpha Dog and W40 with it?

This is just for the W40. I dont want the issue of hearing EMI and Hiss. I guess if i have to resort to it I will but just want to check to see if there are better amp/dac out there. I saw the fire mini plus but i guess its not on sale anymore?

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 16
  This is just for the W40. I dont want the issue of hearing EMI and Hiss. I guess if i have to resort to it I will but just want to check to see if there are better amp/dac out there. I saw the fire mini plus but i guess its not on sale anymore?

Did you use the E6 with your phone before? Are you sure the E6 is causing these problems?

The E6 is very tiny. I can't think of a portable amp as small as that.

If you're okay with something bigger and more expensive, you have many other options.

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 16

Did you use the E6 with your phone before? Are you sure the E6 is causing these problems?

The E6 is very tiny. I can't think of a portable amp as small as that.

If you're okay with something bigger and more expensive, you have many other options.

I have the C5D which is ok when I use at home, but honestly I dont want to carry a brick around (my phone attach to the amp) so I want to downsize for when I am on the go.

I tried the E6 before I cant remember my takes on it but I return it for whatever reason.

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #9 of 16
  no I cant remember why I return it, but I been looking at it again and the reviews  have said that there hiss or slight hum while using IEM.

If you need something that small, it's the only option I know of. If I were you, I'd just buy it and return it if there were any serious issues.

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #15 of 16
Yeah that's a little below what I Was thinking I was thinking something along the lines of like the pico slim it's very small but very expensive.

hmmm I'll take a look into it...how's the sound? warm? cool? neutral? if its warm cant use it with westone IEM as the IEM already warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back