Anyone with a Big O?
Jun 16, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #16 of 23
The Orpheus is unmatched for classical music I thought. However, I think HD600 w/ Cardas cable + Melos SHA-1 comes damn close.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2002 at 10:00 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
I really wasn't that impressed by the $12,000 Orpheus at boston. Maybe it was tired.

Maybe it was that Britney Spears CD?

Jun 16, 2002 at 10:14 PM Post #18 of 23
I think the Orpheus needs good tubes well under 7500 hours. Also, a high quality fuse also can give it good and stable sound. My DCT-1 had tubes well over 7500 hours and after I gave it new tubes, the sound improved considerably. I wonder how old the Big O is at headroom.

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 23
Haven't heard the big O, or the R10, but just got an ASL AQ-1005DT to drive an AKG K1000. The sound is awesome when using a 12 in. powered sub woofer, and great CDs.

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Britney Spears is my new reference CD. Thank you. Maybe if it was DVD.
tongue.gif

LOL, actually, I find that N'Sync has a larger sound stage!
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 9:59 AM Post #22 of 23
The Orpheus is I feel best considered as an limited edition fine art
piece of the headphone world and as such this ought to be considered when comparing or judging it against others.

It would be nice to see more of this kind of thing in the headphone world as there are plenty of 'art pieces' in the rest of the audio component arena.

Exemplary build quality and material chioce for me add a great
deal of pleasure to any product ownership.

I salute those who are prepared to own such fine pieces of 'audio sculpture' [however brief that ownership may have turned out to be
frown.gif
].

Setmenu
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back