1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone willing to loan me a V-Moda M-80 and/or Skullcandy Aviator?

1. Lurkumaural
    I want to compare these and hopefully a few others and write up my observations.  The M-80 and Aviator are easy enough for me to buy, and hopefully return, but I'd rather not do it that way if someone's willing to give theirs up for, I don't know, a couple of weeks?  I wouldn't want to buy something thinking I'm 100% likely to return it; seems kinda dirty.  Maybe one will be a keeper, but the others wouldn't be.  You guys get me, I don't need to push it in any further.

I want to get a decent snapshot of some good headphones that include 3-button mic remotes that will be used unamped on-the-go out of an iPhone or unamped at home on a Macbook Pro.

Any other headphones with remote would be welcome too, like the Q460 or PX 200-IIi.

Brave souls?

2. justakid
    dude, if you go to the apple store and try out the headphones on display, you'll be able to see that the iPods have a diverse enough song list to test the headphones before you buy them.  I did this when I bought my V-Modas two years ago.  I only had to sample in one store by comparing the headphones on display and how each sounded with different genres/styles of music, and it allowed me to make a good choice (or at least i think so) without having to buy or borrow the headphones I was comparing.

3. Lurkumaural
    Thanks for the reply. 

I have since heard the V-80/M-80 and Aviator a few times, but the point of what I was asking was to put them through their paces with daily use: music, phone calls, use of the remote playback functions.  And especially the Q460 and PX200, which I haven't seen in stores, would be nice to borrow.  I was originally planning to compile a write-up that would include as many headphones with Apple remote as I could get in one grouping.  That was back when I was expecting an evaluation unit of the Incase Sonic, before (or right about when) it hit store shelves.  It didn't come.  I recently bought the Incase Sonic, and from memory I think the M-80 has it beat for a punchier, more energetic sound.  I don't remember the Aviator much except that I liked it.  Hence the urge to put together a shootout.

And the last time I tried a headphone at the Apple Store, I didn't find anything on the attached iPod Nano that I wanted to listen to.  That, and I really dislike the Apple Store.  Maybe more than Best Buy.