Anyone tried the Sylvania DOT-it?
Mar 16, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 9
i got one!! i bought the silver to the entrance of my house. since when you walk in at night it's dark and the light switch is at the other end, i put it in the front so that you can get light to see walking through to the other light switch

pretty cool, all you gotta do is press it

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
i got one!! i bought the silver to the entrance of my house. since when you walk in at night it's dark and the light switch is at the other end, i put it in the front so that you can get light to see walking through to the other light switch

pretty cool, all you gotta do is press it

Neat. How bright is it?

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 9
it's pretty bright, comparable to the white florescent lights that plug into the wall at home, if not a little brighter. And i'm not talking about those cheap "automatically turns on during the evenings" because those are just horrible.

if you don't know what those are, then i'd say it's comparable to you turning on your TV in a dark room.

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #6 of 9
hmm this isn't a bad idea - i could stick this to the top of the bottom of my desk and just click this one when i need to tinker behind my PC - no more fumbling around figuring out which plug is the input and which is the output!
33793_3X.jpg

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
hmm this isn't a bad idea - i could stick this to the top of the bottom of my desk and just click this one when i need to tinker behind my PC - no more fumbling around figuring out which plug is the input and which is the output!
33793_3X.jpg

that's a pretty good idea actually. you don't actually have to stick it there either, you can just have it as a portable or emergency flashlight.

a co-worker of mine put it on the inside of his car because his light was broken, lol. too cheap to get the inside light fixed so he only uses it at night.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #9 of 9
order? don't they just have them at your local hardware store?

i got mine from Rona i think they should have them at Home Depot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back