Anyone tried the Nakamichi NCE-750BA before?
Jul 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kaixax555

Headphoneus Supremus

Was browsing through an online audio retailer when I saw this.

According to the retailer, it is a dual BA and it retails at 139 SGD (approx 115 SGD), which would perhaps make it one of the cheapest dual BA around.

Anyone tried this before?

I am curious about this IEM, but I am unable to find any reviews about it.

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 8
That looks like the Fischer SBA-03 (I think that's the right number), which was said to be a dual driver but then turned out to be a single when someone tore it apart. You may want to ask the manufacturer if that really is a dual BA.

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
That looks like the Fischer SBA-03 (I think that's the right number), which was said to be a dual driver but then turned out to be a single when someone tore it apart. You may want to ask the manufacturer if that really is a dual BA.

Hmm now that you mentioned it, it does seem to look similar to the Fischer SBA-03.

However, on this site

http://treoo.com/store/nakamichi-nce-750ba-in-ear-earphone.html

I asked them and they say it is a dual balanced armature.

Also, in another forum, I asked about this IEM and whether it is a dual balanced armature, one person replied me this

Quote:
I guess it's coming from the same OEM as FA's dba-04.
Both should sound very similar
dba-04 uses knowles 30262 BA which is a single unit with dual receiver/ termination.
Though not physically two seperate BAs, but they consider it as a dual BA.
below are some pics with courtesy from erji.
Second pic shows housing ripped apart to expose BA

I am not sure whether this is true or not so wanted to clarify here.

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 8
I've seen that explanation before, yet Fischer changed the name from DBA-04 to SBA-03 for that model and now bills it as a 'single balanced armature'.

Jul 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 8
Don't see how they can say it is dual. Nothing on the site says dual and plenty of product description showing it is single armature...

Safe to say they were mistaken. Sometimes you can't trust that the person answering your inquiry knows what they are talking about unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back