anyone tried podfitkits?
Apr 17, 2007 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

theBigD

500+ Head-Fier
i came across this custum earplug site that does podfitkits. they even do a custom one. i am going to try this with my stax sr 001 headphones and see if i can get a better seal. just would like to know if this guy is any good?
the website is www.podfitkit.com

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 12
Hmm... looking more at their site and their pics, kind of rough looking work. I'm also thinking that the PK1s wouldn't be a good candidate since they have sound ports on the back. Wouldn't want them to get blocked. I wonder how much they are willing to customize.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 12
i got the custom kit today. i was relieved to see he uses tracings to drill the kit. so i dont think i have to send him my headphones.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by theBigD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got the custom kit today. i was relieved to see he uses tracings to drill the kit. so i dont think i have to send him my headphones.

Guess we'll have to compare notes!
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #7 of 12
what headphones are you gonna try it with?

Apr 17, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 12
it looks like he can keep it off the back in the customs.

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #10 of 12
Until I see what is in their package and the instructions, I'm not sure what I'm going to use them for. My new favorite IEMs are Future Sonics' Atrio M5. I don't know if this stuff will work with it since it is an IEM with an ear tube. If it has to be an earbud then I'll try it with my PK1s. I'm not very optimistic about this stuff but I'm certainly willing to be pleasantly surprised.
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 12
i did the ear impressions last night and didnt get a complete seal in the right ear. for some reason my right ear is a tricky ear. with the stax sr-001 silicone pad i have trouble sealing that ear as well. so i called joe the guy who does these pod fit kits and he is sending me a new impressions kit. he seems like a pretty good guy and willing to work with me to get the right fit with these. i am going to have to send him my stax earbuds for him to get the fit just right. i hate to be without them for a week though. but i guess that will give me more incentive to listen to my akg 701s. oh, this is why i have several pair of headphones! just for these kind of emergencies is guess. and i think head fi is also to blame
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back