Anyone tried buffer ha-5002?
Aug 9, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 21
I havent tried to stack the 5002's yet but did the 5033's with no problem. Morsel yes the 5002 is a better way to go unless your opamp is real fast then i would use the 5033 over the 5002

Aug 9, 2002 at 8:02 PM Post #17 of 21
Aos, the BUF634 is stackable, despite TI engineers speaking to the contrary. Rudy at Elantec left me voicemail saying the HA5002 is also stackable. Now the question is, do we need to stack it, or like the EL2009, is one enough? Stacking would be easier with DIPs, but the cans are a more sensible package.

Aug 14, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #19 of 21
Kevin> Did you get your 5002's as Mil Overstock. I got some that way and thay were also in the TO-5 can Gold plated leeds, Real Cool. I like the looks of the Metal cans better than the DIP but All Metal can's unless Mil Spec are discontinued by Every one. One thing cans offered was thay had REAL Wires and as sutch using them with Different Board Pinouts was easy. Same with Opamps. But that was Yesterday and now all we got to look foward to is SMT Yuck. One Advantage of the Dips is that you can paralell them just by stacking them Try that with a Can.

Regarding a BB app Eng. saying the BUF-634 canot be paralelled then thay should take the App note off there site that Details Paralrelling (3) BUF-634's. I can't remember the App note # But you can find it on Ti's site. LOL. Cant Paralell BUF-634's! Where do thay get these App Eng.s at Off the Street, But i have covered this before also. Got to go Think ill listen to my BUF-634 X 3 Amp and repeat to my self Sorry dave You can't do That over and over again.

Aug 15, 2002 at 12:00 AM Post #20 of 21
Notice the date code. These are from 1989...

I have about 50 left.

No they are not for sale.

But I have decided they do sound better than the buf634's.
Oh well more money for extra parts down the drain.

Aug 15, 2002 at 4:46 AM Post #21 of 21
Nope Kevin I have all that i will ever need. and yes i did notice the Date code on yours that is why i asked since lots of old Mil parts are from that era. anyway i also have some CERDIP's that ill stack just to see how it works but i am sure it will. Since you have just converted from the BUF-634 to these maby you coluld tell about the Differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back